• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Update to Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 Breaks CHROOT for all subscriptions

Ultra Graphics

New Pleskian
I've been having some issues with chroot, and I might have narrowed down the cause to a file that came up in an update log for updating plesk to 17.5.3:

Trying to install sftp-server binary into chroot environment... cp: cannot stat '/usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server\r': No such file or directory
done
/var/www/vhosts/chroot/usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server
: cannot open (No such file or directory)
probably it will not work in chrooted accounts

Results of a check in SSH:
# ls -l /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 100824 Oct 19 14:52 /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server

So I know it exists :) I had to roll back to Version 17.0.17 Update #45. I found this issue in a search on this forum, but it's very old and the user unfortunately received zero help. Has this happened to anyone else? Thank you!

Upon more research, does the "\r" having anything to do with it? I'm reading that that can be a Windows-based special character which causes the script to break. But the script is coming from a pre-made Plesk Update that is run through the Plesk UI, so wouldn't it be assumed that it's compatible with my setup. Am I going the wrong direction here?

I also found a thread where there were some lib and lib64 files from CentOS6 that didn't belong in CentOS7, but my server was purchased new with CentOS7 installed so I don't think that relates to me, but I can't be sure.

To be clear, after updating, I could connect via SSH on SFTP, but ONLY if the access wasn't chrooted using plesk settings (ie /bin/bash works, /bin/bash (chrooted) does not work).

Thanks again for any help.

Back