• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Updated from 11.5 > 12.0.18 #6, Outgoing Spam not working

RyanMc

New Pleskian
I just did the update to 12.0.18 #6 and everything seemed to go pretty well. One feature we were really interested in was the Outgoing Spam Filter. Unfortunately, the error I see when I go to that feature reads, "Protection : Not active. There are some problems that prevent the service from being started."

When I Google that error, I'm brought to some KB articles but they are all for the older Outgoing Spam Filter that you need a license key for. I don't believe that is the case any more - if it is, I don't know where to get the key. I will say point out I'm a bit of a Linux novice (we are running CentOS 6.5 on this server), so I'm not really sure where to look. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Due to ongoing customer and partner concerns the "outgoing anti-spam" module provided by Commtouch (referred to as Parallels Premium Outbound Antispam in Plesk interface) is no longer shipped with Plesk effective March 31, 2014. A new outgoing anti-spam solution is offered instead. Parallels is building outbound antispam functionality into Plesk 12 - http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP12/12.0/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-administrator-guide/71349.htm

However the servers with already having commtouch antispam installation will not be uninstalled on upgrade to Plesk 12 and will function as usual.

If you would like to continue using current solution by CommTouch, please contact CommTouch directly at "[email protected]" to get the license.

So we did the update to 12.0.18 from 11.0.9 with the intention of getting the new antispam as the old one did not function. How would I uninstall the old and use the one from Parallels? This is something we would really like as we have a number of users who dont check what they click on (like that never happens!)

For removing CommTouch Outbound Antispam just remove corresponding packages with OS package manager - rpm or dpkg.

Back