• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Updater error: Undefined release

R

R2K_

Whenever I try to update packages with the plesk updater I get the following errors:

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/autoinstaller_install.php:14 psaerror(string "Undefined release.")

This is Plesk 7.5.4 on RedHat 9.

I checked some things on the autoinstaller log file (/tmp/autoinstaller3.log).

First it checks for Plesk 7.5.4 versions, and says (non-relevant stuff not copied):
- check build for Linux RedHat 9 i386 (PSA_7.5.4/plesk-7.5.4-rh9-i386.inf3): fit
- release PLESK_7_5_4 is actual

Then it checks for Plesk 8.0 versions, and says:
- version for this OS not found, release not fit

Sounds correct, because 8.0 is not installed.

Then:
- Select best build of PLESK_7_5_4 for current OS
- First fit build is current best: PSA_7.5.4/plesk-7.5.4-rh9-i386.inf3
- Select best build: finally choised PSA_7.5.4/plesk-7.5.4-rh9-i386.inf3

All seems fine to me..

I attached the full autoinstaller log, does anyone see any strange things in that? Plesk support?

Edit: some more info: when I click 'updater' in plesk then autoinstaller3.log is generated. Until that point no errors. Then I click 'Plesk 7.5.4' and additional info is written to the log file (Ending with: 'Exit with OK status').
The error comes when I select a package (in my case: horde components, but all packages with 'update available' give the error) and click 'Install'.
Unfortunately, nothing is being logged at that point.

Found the possible cause: there was no space left on the partition where psa is installed (/usr/local).

So the error was a bit misleading.

Back