1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Updater error: Undefined release

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by R2K_, Apr 25, 2006.

1. R2K_

R2K_ Guest

Whenever I try to update packages with the plesk updater I get the following errors:

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/autoinstaller_install.php:14 psaerror(string "Undefined release.")

This is Plesk 7.5.4 on RedHat 9.

I checked some things on the autoinstaller log file (/tmp/autoinstaller3.log).

First it checks for Plesk 7.5.4 versions, and says (non-relevant stuff not copied):
    - check build for Linux RedHat 9 i386 (PSA_7.5.4/plesk-7.5.4-rh9-i386.inf3): fit
    - release PLESK_7_5_4 is actual

Then it checks for Plesk 8.0 versions, and says:
    - version for this OS not found, release not fit

Sounds correct, because 8.0 is not installed.

Then:
    - Select best build of PLESK_7_5_4 for current OS
    - First fit build is current best: PSA_7.5.4/plesk-7.5.4-rh9-i386.inf3
    - Select best build: finally choised PSA_7.5.4/plesk-7.5.4-rh9-i386.inf3

All seems fine to me..

I attached the full autoinstaller log, does anyone see any strange things in that? Plesk support?

Edit: some more info: when I click 'updater' in plesk then autoinstaller3.log is generated. Until that point no errors. Then I click 'Plesk 7.5.4' and additional info is written to the log file (Ending with: 'Exit with OK status').
    The error comes when I select a package (in my case: horde components, but all packages with 'update available' give the error) and click 'Install'.
    Unfortunately, nothing is being logged at that point.

2. R2K_

R2K_ Guest

Found the possible cause: there was no space left on the partition where psa is installed (/usr/local).

So the error was a bit misleading.