• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Updates with Ubuntu - Plesk Onyx

NateWon

Basic Pleskian
Hello

Im not sure if this is an Ubuntu question, or Plesk but seems to effect Plesk so will start here.

I have a list of updates to install, but havn't used the plesk installer before and it doesn't want to run, it says to run manually. So have done, but have an error showing with mySQL update, which isn't under my list of provided upgrades.

apt-get -u upgrade

letsencrypt php7.0-cgi php7.0-cli php7.0-common php7.0-curl php7.0-fpm php7.0-gd php7.0-imap php7.0-json php7.0-mbstring php7.0-mysql php7.0-opcache php7.0-readline php7.0-sqlite3 php7.0-xml php7.0-xsl plesk-php70 plesk-php70-bcmath plesk-php70-cli plesk-php70-dba plesk-php70-enchant plesk-php70-fpm plesk-php70-gd plesk-php70-imagick plesk-php70-imap plesk-php70-intl plesk-php70-ldap plesk-php70-mbstring plesk-php70-mcrypt plesk-php70-mysql plesk-php70-odbc plesk-php70-opcache plesk-php70-pdo plesk-php70-pear plesk-php70-pgsql plesk-php70-process plesk-php70-pspell plesk-php70-snmp plesk-php70-soap plesk-php70-tidy plesk-php70-xml plesk-php70-xmlrpc plesk-php71 plesk-php71-bcmath plesk-php71-cli plesk-php71-dba plesk-php71-enchant plesk-php71-fpm plesk-php71-gd plesk-php71-imap plesk-php71-intl plesk-php71-ldap plesk-php71-mbstring plesk-php71-mcrypt plesk-php71-mysql plesk-php71-odbc plesk-php71-opcache plesk-php71-pdo plesk-php71-pear plesk-php71-pgsql plesk-php71-process plesk-php71-pspell plesk-php71-snmp plesk-php71-soap plesk-php71-tidy plesk-php71-xml plesk-php71-xmlrpc

i.e. If I run apt-get install makedev --only-upgrade it will run and upgrade, however it runs what appears to be an upgrade for mySQL (Something I havn't selected, now or prior) and that throws an error (Below)

The error thrown is
DBNAME_TABLE OK
DBNAME_TABLE OK
DBNAME_TABLE OK
Error occurred: Error during call to mysql_check.
mysql_upgrade failed with exit status 4
dpkg: error processing package mysql-server-5.7 (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mysql-server:
mysql-server depends on mysql-server-5.7; however:
Package mysql-server-5.7 is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package mysql-server (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Setting up python-cffi-backend (1.10.0-0+certbot~xenial+1) ...
No apport report written because the error message indicates its a followup error from a previous failure.
Setting up python-configargparse (0.11.0-1+certbot~xenial+1) ...

Errors were encountered while processing:
mysql-server-5.7
mysql-server
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Could this related to some Plesk configuration?
Has anyone else encountered this problem? My SQL Files are on a different data drive from the default install (I don't expect that should be an issue at all).

Hi NateWon,

Could this related to some Plesk configuration?
No. This is related to YOUR misconfiguration with an unfinished update/upgrade of your MySQL - server - installation :
Error occurred: Error during call to mysql_check.
mysql_upgrade failed with exit status 4
dpkg: error processing package mysql-server-5.7 (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mysql-server:
mysql-server depends on mysql-server-5.7; however:
Package mysql-server-5.7 is not configured yet.

Pls. solve your issue/error/problem with your ( vendor! ) MySQL - server - installation first, before you continue with Plesk updates/upgrades. ;) ( btw.: Your issue is NOT Plesk - related and the thread/discussion should be posted at: => Home > Forum > General Discussion > Open Topics )

Hi NateWon,

No. This is related to YOUR misconfiguration with an unfinished update/upgrade of your MySQL - server - installation :

Pls. solve your issue/error/problem with your ( vendor! ) MySQL - server - installation first, before you continue with Plesk updates/upgrades. ;) ( btw.: Your issue is NOT Plesk - related and the thread/discussion should be posted at: => Home > Forum > General Discussion > Open Topics )

Hello thanks for the information, will check for the solution to the issue - Im not sure how this update has run or caused issues i.e. MySQL as its not something Ive selected and I don't have unattended upgrades configured.

Please create your own thread instead of posting it all over the place
Gladly do so except after spending some time looking for the "Start a New Thread" option, and not finding it, I decided to add the question to "2" other threads plus the welcome message, to see if anyone could help. I hardly call that posting all over the place.

Back