• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Updating Plesk 8.4 to php5.2

P

pixelhaus

I am currently running Plesk 8.4 on a Linux box with Ubuntu 6.06. The default version of php is 5.1.2 but we want to update this to 5.2.6 . Is there a simple upgrade path that doesn't involve compiling files etc ?

If you don't need any PHP 5.2.x-specific features, I recommend staying with the vendor supplied packages as the Ubuntu folks probably do a better job at keeping their software patched than some random packager. If you really do need PHP 5.2's features I believe you should be able to use the third-party Dotdeb repository: http://www.dotdeb.org/

The CMS software we are favouring at the moment has a glitch with php5.1 that is solved with 5.2 so i'll try it, thanks.

I added the additional source but it caused conflicts. i think I'll wait for plesk to update it in the due course of time

plesk will never update the client side php version.
plesk use the php version from your distribution (ubuntu 6.0.6) for the client side ....

So, after all it can be updated manually? (i'm using suse 10.0)
I need php 5.2 for use with joomla 1.5.x

any news about this subjet ? i need to update my php version from 5.1.6 to 5.2

That entirely depends on whether someone has packaged PHP 5.2 for your OS distribution (what are you running?). If no one did, you'll need to do it yourself, or find someone who will do it for you.

Back