• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

upgrade 10.2->10.3 Error 500 on plesk login page

JTRipper

Regular Pleskian
After trying to upgrade 10.2 to 10.3 (via http://localhost:8447/) now the panel at http://myipaddress:8443 is down with e generic Error 500.

Here's a part of log of installer 10.2->10.3:

"configuring MySQL server...
MSI: Error! Critical action 'Registering MySQL Server in Parallels Panel...' has been failed:
Command "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\local_mysql_helper.exe" --register-in-plesk failed with code 255.
Output:"

Failed to install 'C:\6436e5448d6259b46935142739a341a1\parallels\PANEL-WIN_10.3.0\dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386\mysql-server-configurator.msi' with error 1603

And here is why I got Error 500 (from Panel's php_error.log):
[13-Jul-2011 13:56:27] PHP Fatal error: Undefined class constant 'UNIX' in C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\CommonPanel\Application\Abstract.php on line 93

I'm unable to finish this crashed upgrade because the upgrade procedure is finishing always with the same error in installer:

configuring MySQL server...

"MSI: Error! Critical action 'Registering MySQL Server in Parallels Panel...' has been failed:
Command "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\local_mysql_helper.exe" --register-in-plesk failed with code 255.
Output:"

Here is some of my server info:

---------------------------------------------------------------
PLESK 10.3 Windows 2008 x86

Trying to upgrade from 10.2 to 10.3

ACTUAL RESULT: Plesk Panel is down, websites are accessible.

EXPECTED RESULT: Succesful Upgrade to 10.3

Help me please... Where to start from ?

Thanks in advance,
Jack

PS. Does this has something to do with this: http://forum.parallels.com/showpost.php?p=451248&postcount=47 ?

Last edited:
PHP Fatal error: Undefined class constant 'UNIX' in C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\CommonPanel\Appli cation\Abstract.php on line 93
Means that file %plesk_dir%\admin\plib\Os.php was not upgraded properly.

If this is possible, can you please send to me zipped autoinstaller3.log via email? You can find it in my profile.

Unfortunately there is nothing useful in log that could explain your issue.
I would recommend you to contact support team, so this problem can be resolved directly on your server. Please send me ticket id, so I can track the progress of ticket resolution.

Same issue - with unusual result

I have exactly the same problem on a centos5 machine wisth ASL on it.

I Called 1and1 my provider who raised a ticket with Plesk.
1and1 gave Plesk my root password without my knowledge.
At 9.30 am this morning I suddenly lost all websites, voip systems email effectively shutting my business down.

I called 1and1 and told them of my urgent problem. They could only send plesk an email to ask them what was happening. They had no telephone contacts or emergency contacts.

I could see a Plesk engineer on my server and watched him tail logs, repair the bootstrap and then he was idle on my server. He had been logged into the server for around 3 hours.

1and1 support said all they could do was wait for Plesk and if I wanted to complain gave me an email address and then said I have to terminate the call, nothing i can do.

So I booted the Plesk engineer changed my root password and reinstalled Plesk panel. I got my business back but still have the 500 server error on the admin login page.

I am now moving servers to a new company after 1and1's terrible behaviour .

I am shocked a plesk engineer could not find the solution in more than 3 hours, I am more shocked the Plesk engineer thought it would be ok to effectively shut down the server.

Clearly there is a problem with the upgrade and perhaps it should be withdrawn until it is fixed.

One final irritating aspect of the whole thing , I could not contact anyone in Plesk to deal with what for me was something critical affecting my business caused by a Plesk engineer.

OK,

I've managed to launch a clean install of Plesk 10.3 on a freshly formatted server.
Then, I've copied all the files from the fresh working server from directory %plesk_dir%\admin\ to my production server and rebooted. All is working now.

Back