• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

upgrade breaks plesk SiteAppPackages table does not exist

adamjimenez

Basic Pleskian
Running FC6 (86)

When I upgrade from 8.2.1 to 8.3 I get an error about table SiteAppPackages does not exist.

I tried creating the table manually - but I get a mysql errno 121.

I had this problem from a clean install - and I reimaged the server and had the same problem.

FC6 8.3.0 App Vault tables missing

Fresh Re-Image of FC6 (x86)
Upgrade through Plesk web UI from 8.2.1 to Plesk 8.3.0, and my app vault has deathed :-0

Server | Services | Application Vault click---->

Server >
ERROR: PleskMainDBException Create ShortcutCreate ShortcutUp LevelUp Level

MySQL query failed: Table 'psa.SiteAppPackages' doesn't exist

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:218
db_query(string 'SELECT id FROM SiteAppPackages WHERE CONCAT(name, "-", version, "-", `release`) = "smf-1.1.2-28" AND package_type != "2"')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/SiteApps/class.SiteAppPackageManager.php:309
SiteAppPackageManager::getSiteAppPackageId(string 'smf-1.1.2-28')
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/SiteApps/class.SiteAppPackageManager.php:273
SiteAppPackageManager->syncWithDatabase()
3: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/site_app_pkgs.php:42

find the file 'aps-psa830-db-upgrade' (on my freebsd it is /usr/local/etc/psa/db/aps-psa830-db-upgrade, on linux systems it should be /usr/local/psa/etc/db/aps-psa830-db-upgrade) and run it as

# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /path/to/aps-psa830-db-upgrade

Can confirm on FC6 the file is here:
/usr/local/psa/etc/db/aps-psa830-db-upgrade

Someone please try it and confirm it works before I hose my system..

I have the same problem. I tried /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /path/to/aps-psa830-db-upgrade , doesn`t work: "column app_item_id cannot be null".
Via phpmyadmin i also cannot find this column...
HEEEEEELP

ive also got the same error. running the command says table doesnt exist...

Has anyone considered logging a support call with SWSoft? I'm sure these database-type errors should be a breeze for them to isolate and fix.

i'm having this problem with a 1and1 server and think it might be a problem with their server image. i'm trying to get a response out of them.

I am also with 1and1, but i dont think its the server image. 8.2 worked with the apps, just the upgrade from 8.2 > 8.3 is what did it. it may just be specific to the fc6 build?

me too

I'm also having this problem and have tried various fixes, including updating the autoinstaller (which fixed plesk telling me I had updates available, but then not showing any) and also the suggestions on the 1and1 forum linked to above.

Has anybody else gotten these resolved or do you think it will require a call to 1and1 support?

Thanks for any help.

This is not a special problem for 1und1.
I wrote swsoft for bug and the answer:

Hello Thomas,

The error means that new Application Vault tables were not created or were not updates to new 8.3.0 format during update. First of all it is needed to check that update was not interrupted in the middle but really finished. If it is OK but affects AppVault tables only, you can create/convert them with command:

#/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /usr/local/psa/etc/db/aps-psa830-db-upgrade

And nothing more......
I tried the command, does not work

same here... I get:

Database error: Table 'psa.SiteAppPackages' doesn't exist

I should also add that this breaks removing domains as well:

ERROR: PleskFatalException
Up LevelUp Level
Unable to remove hosting: SiteAppManager: MySQL query failed: Table 'psa.SiteApps' doesn't exist

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.PhDomain.php:290
PhDomain->reset(integer '0', boolean true, boolean false)
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.BsDomain.php:307
BsDomain->reset(integer '0')
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.BsDomain.php:301
BsDomain->delete(integer '0')
3: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.BsDomain.php:541
mdeleteDomains(array)
4: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.Manager.php:352
Manager->removeDomains(array)
5: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/removeDomains.php3:44

I fixed mine mostly... but it's a lengthy fix: (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!) You might have the same problem as me, might not.

I logged into mysql and checked tables:
mysql -u admin -p psa

show tables;

in another window I then copied /usr/local/psa/etc/db/psa_db.sql to /usr/local/psa/etc/db/fixpsa1.sql

I edited the file fixpsa1.sql and removed the drop database, create database lines at eh beginning and all the table creations and alter table lines for the tables that already exist in the "show tables;" above.

check it and compare carefully!

then ran mysql -u admin -p < fixpsa1.sql

this recreated the missing tables except for two of the innodb tables - SiteApps and SiteAppPackages. I got an error on these two tables that was cryptic to say the least. I got a clue from /var/log/mysqld.log about what was going on. These two tables apparently existed in the innodb structure, but did not have corresponding .frm files in /var/lib/mysql/psa.

I copied fixpsa1.sql to fixpsa2.sql and then edited out all entries except for those two table creates and corresponding alter table entries. I removed the beginning "USE psa;" line, and put a "CREATE DATABASE fixpsa;" and then a "USE fixpsa;" line there.

ran mysql -u admin -p < fixpsa2.sql

This created the two tables in a new database called "fixpsa".

I copied the SiteApps.frm and SiteAppPackages.frm files from /var/lib/mysql/fixpsa to /var/lib/mysql/psa

then did a /etc/init.d/mysqld restart

re-edited fixpsa2.sql and removed the create/use lines at the beginning and put the "USE psa;" back there. Then added "DROP TABLE SiteApps;" and "DROP TABLE SiteAppPackages;" before the table create lines.

ran mysql -u admin -p < fixpsa2.sql

no errors... ran "php /usr/local/psa/etc/db/aps-psa830-db-upgrade" and it said updates were already applied and gave no errors.

I logged back in to Plesk and everything is working properly now. I'm still going to keep an eye on my /var/log/mysqld.log

Good luck all... REMEMBER - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND MAKE SURE YOU'RE HAVING THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM.

Back