• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade Error from 9.5.2 to 10.0.1

D

DouglasT

Hi web upgrade client says:

Starting installation of packages
upgrading MySQL server...
Unexpected error
Error: Some action sequence of package 'mysql-client' has been failed with code -1
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.

Error log says:

Installation started in background
Determining the packages that need to be installed.

Getting packages to installation list:
skip package 'upgrade-assist-10.0.0.0.noarch' from component base - there is same or newer version of this package is installed (in system upgrade-assist-10.0.0.0.noarch)
skip package 'mysql-4.1.22.noarch' from component base - there is same or newer version of this package is installed (in system mysql-4.1.22.noarch)
skip package 'plesk-10.0.1.noarch' from component base - there is same or newer version of this package is installed (in system plesk-10.0.1.noarch)
skip package 'panel-10.0.1.noarch' from component base - there is same or newer version of this package is installed (in system panel-10.0.1.noarch)
skip package 'plesk-skins-10.0.1.noarch' from component base - there is same or newer version of this package is installed (in system plesk-skins-10.0.1.noarch)
skip package 'plesk-backup-10.0.1.noarch' from component base - there is same or newer version of this package is installed (in system plesk-backup-10.0.1.noarch)
skip package 'plesk-engine-10.0.0.noarch' from component base - there is same or newer version of this package is installed (in system plesk-engine-10.0.0.noarch)
skip package 'spaw-10.0.0.noarch' from component base - there is same or newer version of this package is installed (in system spaw-10.0.0.noarch)
skip package 'sql-dmo-10.0.0.noarch' from component base - there is same or newer version of this package is installed (in system sql-dmo-10.0.0.noarch)
skip keypackage 'panel-10.0.1.noarch' from component base - there is same or newer version of this package is installed (in system panel-10.0.1.noarch)
Following packages will be installed: billing-7.0.1.noarch sso-2.4.0.noarch
----------------
Add packages with unresolved deps to blacklist
PkgManager: start to resolving packages
findNecessaryPackages(): start pass 0
Find directly required packages for billing-7.0.1.noarch
Find directly required packages for sso-2.4.0.noarch
Find directly required packages for mysql-client-5.1.48.noarch
=== Package resolving sucessfuly ends ===
(b) billing.msi
(b) sso.msi
(s) plesk-10.0.1
(b) mysql-client.msi
Check package set before installation
The following packages will be installed because they are required by the packages you selected for installation: 'mysql-client'
The following packages will be installed because they are required by the packages you selected for installation: 'mysql-client'
The following components will be installed because they are required by the components you selected: 'mysql-client'
FileFetcher: get file (BILLING-WIN_7.0.1/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/)/billing.msi
File downloading BILLING-WIN_7.0.1/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/billing.msi: was skipped because of md5 checksum match.
FileFetcher: get file (BILLING-WIN_7.0.1/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/)/sso.msi
File downloading BILLING-WIN_7.0.1/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/sso.msi: was skipped because of md5 checksum match.
FileFetcher: get file (PANEL-WIN_10.0.1/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/)/mysql-client.msi
File downloading PANEL-WIN_10.0.1/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/mysql-client.msi: was skipped because of md5 checksum match.
Starting installation of packages
Create tiny repository only with resolved list and system packages
Regenerate packages provides cache.
Find directly required packages for billing-7.0.1.noarch
(regen conflicts cache) (update package names cache) (regen obsoletes cache) Find directly required packages for mysql-client-5.1.48.noarch
upgrading MySQL server...
Launch installation 'C:\0439f1f4013e8734b97766999193f299\parallels\PANEL-WIN_10.0.1\dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386\mysql-client.msi' with command-line 'ADDLOCAL=ALL PORT=3306 INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\\Databases\MySQL\" DATADIR="C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\\Databases\MySQL\Data" ALLUSERS=1 ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT=1 REBOOT=R'
MSI: Action 23:10:37: INSTALL.
MSI: Action 23:10:37: AppSearch. Searching for installed applications
Property: INSTALLDIR_
Signature: InstallDirRegSearch
Property: DATADIR_
Signature: DataDirRegSearch
Property: SVRCNFWIZINSTALLED
Signature: SvrCnfWizCompSearch
Property: EXISTINGDATADIRSEARCH
Signature: ExistingDataDirCompSearch
MSI: Action 23:10:37: FindRelatedProducts. Searching for related applications
Found application: {BF7B0C91-5AF6-46B7-91CE-C8DD3D36E4BD}
Found application: {64628359-08CA-4756-9B0F-C802CA10A621}
MSI: Action 23:10:37: NewerVersionInstalled.
MSI: Error! A newer version of this product is already installed.
Unexpected error
Error: Some action sequence of package 'mysql-client' has been failed with code -1
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.

Hello

I've the same error.
Issues with the PHP installation.

Any users have the same Problem. Can Parallels solve this problem please

My Server: HP DL180 with Windows Server 2008 R2 Webedition, Smartermail, MS SQL 2010 and My SQL, IIS 7 and MS DNS Server

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would uninstall mysql and install 10 from scratch, but that would mean destroying my client DB and the plesk config.

Hellooooooo parallels.....

Do you have MySQL 5.2 installed on the server? Or which version is installed? Did you install any version manually?

All I have is what the clean install of Plesk 9.5 put there - so obviously yes I already have mysql.

But no I did not install anything manually - and I dont particularly want to uninstall anything manually as then my plesk system breaks and my clients get upset ;)

We had the same issue and it kept escalating with Plesk support. After a week of being out of service we did a fresh install and manually re-setup the accounts and copied the data over.

We had the same issue and it kept escalating with Plesk support. After a week of being out of service we did a fresh install and manually re-setup the accounts and copied the data over.

This is not ok.... I must figure out some other way, Migration was not ok, but I will try the simulation again.

Same error while upgrading to 10.0.1

MySQL won't upgrade ...
# Atmail it's not upgraded...
# ASP.NET Enterprise Manager it's not upgraded...

Following it's not installed at all...
# Horde webmail
# Parallels Premium Anti-Virus
# Kaspersky anti-virus
# Parallels Panel Migration Manager
# Parallels Panel SSL Wrapper
# Apache Tomcat Java server
# System Health Monitor
# SiteBuilder

Now I regret that i've upgrade to Plesk 10, it's not worth the time which will I loose now just to fix, or revert to previous version.

Parallels should not release software which is impossible to uninstall.

If the solution is not offered soon, thinking of transferring to Encompass (Cpanel for windows)

Still waiting

Its been months, and no response from plesk other than "looks like you php is broken".

Which its not...

How do I go about rebuilding? Will a full server backup (as run in the control panel) take client databases with it, as well as plesk config?

Back