• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade error

soniceffect

New Pleskian
Hi Guys,
Never needed much help with your excellent product before, however seem to be struggling somewhat now. Im trying to update plesk which is currently running on 10.4.4 to get it up to 11.0.9 however it is failing every time I try to do so. I have searched the knowledgebase, however dont seem to be able to find an answer.

End of my log has the following, any help would be greatly appreciated:

Checking for the system groups and users necessary for Apache...
Checking for the group 'apache'...
Trying to add group 'apache'... groupadd: group 'apache' already exists

ERROR while trying to add group 'apache'
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_11.0.9_installation.log), fix and try again

***** problem report *****
ERROR while trying to add group 'apache'
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/plesk_11.0.9_installation.log), fix and try again
~empty~emptyExecute command /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/send-error-report install
Error: An error occurred during performing of installation PREP actions (see log for details). Installation was rolled back.
Warning! Not all packages were installed.
Please check if your system services are operable.
Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

You can try the following.
Open /etc/group and /etc/passwd (do also a backup) and check inisde the group ID apache and the user ID apache.
Then delete this 2 lines and start updater. Theoretically will not exist this user and will create it.
Also theoretically in the same userID and groupID. If is different you can try t o change the ID after if sites will not work.

Back