• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Upgrade from 12.5.30 failed

Fabs87

New Pleskian
Hey,

today I tried to update my Plesk from 12.5.30 to Onyx via installer over the Plesk-interface. Unfortunately the upgrade process failed during the Plesk database scheme upgrade. Any idea how to fix this problem? All plugins are updated.

The full log-file is attached to this post.

The following lines are from the created log-file:

===> Plesk database scheme upgrade has been started.

===> Plesk database scheme was not upgraded completely. See installation log for details.

* Stopping sw-cp-serverd sw-cp-server
...done.
Starting sw_engine service... done
Starting sw_cp_server service... done
Starting mysql service... already started
Starting named service... already started
Starting mailer service... already started
Starting spamfilter service... not installed
Starting tomcat service... not installed
Starting apache service... already started
Starting superserver service... already started
Starting sw_engine service... already started
Starting drweb service... already started
***** problem report *****
===> Plesk database scheme was not upgraded completely. See installation log for details.

[2017-02-13 13:08:21.927589] Bootstrapper has finished action (exec time: 0 sec.): parent_name='PLESK_17_0_17', sequence='prep', stage='rollback', sequence_order='1', operation='install', exec_cmd='rm -f /tmp/pp-bootstrapper-mode.flag; rm -f /var/lock/parallels-panel-maintenance-mode.flag; rm -f /var/lock/parallels-panel-upgrade-failure.flag; /etc/init.d/psa restart; :'', m_arch='', output: ~empty
[2017-02-13 13:08:21.931814] Execute command /opt/psa/admin/bin/send-error-report install --version 17.0.17
[2017-02-13 13:08:21.943209] Warning: Failed to attach to cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd/user/root/tasks, installer might be unexpectedly killed later by the system
[2017-02-13 13:08:21.943470] Warning: Failed to attach to cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd/system.slice/tasks, installer might be unexpectedly killed later by the system
[2017-02-13 13:08:21.943519] Warning: Failed to attach to cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu/tasks, installer might be unexpectedly killed later by the system
[2017-02-13 13:08:21.943562] Warning: Failed to attach to cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuacct/tasks, installer might be unexpectedly killed later by the system
[2017-02-13 13:08:21.946354] Error: Während der PREP-Installation ist ein Fehler aufgetreten (siehe Protokoll für Einzelheiten).Die Installation wurde zurückgesetzt.
Warnung! Es wurden nicht alle Pakete installiert.
Bitte prüfen Sie, ob Ihre Systemdienste betriebsbereit sind.
Bitte beheben Sie dieses Problem und versuchen Sie, die Pakete erneut zu installieren.
Wenn Sie das Problem nicht selbst beheben können, wenden Sie sich bitte an den technischen Support.

Attachments

• parallels-installation-log (1).txt
    31.9 KB · Views: 4
Interesting problem. This is the critical point:

Migration failed: 17.0.8/2016-02-01-07-04-57_create_package_update_notifications.php
Query failed: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `PackageUpdateNotifications` (`id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `serviceNodeId` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL, `eventDate` datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00', `notificationSent` int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, `data` mediumtext, PRIMARY KEY (`id` ASC), KEY `serviceNodeId` (`serviceNodeId` ASC), UNIQUE KEY `eventDate` (`serviceNodeId` ASC, `eventDate` ASC), KEY `notificationSent` (`notificationSent` ASC)) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8
Invalid default value for 'eventDate'

The query itself is correct and can be executed correctly in the MySQL environment that Plesk expects.

However, could it be possible that you had previously upgraded your MySQL to 5.7 and are using "strict" mode? Please refer to this article for further information:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...en-setting-default-value-for-date-or-datetime

Yes, strict mode was enabled. After disabling it and trying to re-run the upgrade process, the error is the same. I've tried the upgrade via web-interface and via ssh. The following error occurred:

===> Plesk database scheme upgrade has been started.
* Stopping sw-cp-serverd sw-cp-server
...done.
Starting sw_engine service... invoke-rc.d: initscript sw-engine, action "status" failed.
done
Starting sw_cp_server service... invoke-rc.d: initscript sw-cp-server, action "status" failed.
done
Starting mysql service... already started
Starting named service... already started
Starting mailer service... already started
Starting spamfilter service... not installed
Starting tomcat service... not installed
Starting apache service... already started
Starting superserver service... already started
Starting sw_engine service... already started
Starting drweb service... already started
***** problem report *****
ERROR: An error occurred during performing of installation PREP actions (see log for details). Installation was rolled back.
Warning! Not all packages were installed.
Please check if your system services are operable.
Please resolve this issue and try to install the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.
exit status 1

Any other ideas?

I suggest to backup your psa database before trying any tweaks. Then run
# mysql_upgrade -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`

Then try upgrade again.
No guarantees. I don't know your exact system state.

Ok, it's done. Problem was, that everytime, mysql was restarted, strict mode was enabled again.

After googling and googling I've found this tutorial askubuntu.com -> answer 1 which gave me the solution to my problem.

Upgrade from Odin to Onyx successfully accomplished :)

Back