• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade from 7.5.3 to 7.5.4 new module crashing qmail

R

rvdmeer

Hi there,

In the 7.5.4 release there is a new module called WatchDog. This is a nice tool and i like it alot. But when this tool is monitoring the Qmail agent it is by default set to the following settings.

To start the service, run the command: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mailmng --start-smtpd

To stop the service, run the command: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mailmng --stop-smtpd

I'm experiencing problems with this because after a reset qmail is not accepting any mesages anymore.

The qmail process is running but without mailmng running qmail doesnt accept connection on port 25

Kind regards,
Ronald van der Meer

This is a known problem with Watchdog. There are other threads as well. Plesk is aware, and it is recommended to uninstall or disable Watchdog until they release an update/fix for it.

ah sorry, i couldnt find it on the forum
My bad.

Thanks for the information

No problem, I was just passing info. I know sometimes forum searching is not easy, have to get the search terms 'just right'..

Back