• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade from 9.5.4 to 10.0.0 went bad, no sites, no plesk

ChrisKMEX

New Pleskian
Hello, well this night, have been a nightmare, about 11 hrs ago I tried to update my plesk control panel doing this:

1.- I cant update the Plesk by web panel, because I had a dependency error asking me for the sitebuilder 5 (i had installed 4.0 or 4.5 i dont remember as I dont use them)

2.- So I read in some forums about the solution for installing the sitebuilder manually, so I did (with no deps)

3.- Then I installed by command line with autoupdater 9 to 10.0.0.0 PSA

4.- After it, the plesk panel doesnt work
says error:

ERROR: Zend_Log_Exception
"/usr/local/psa/admin/logs/panel.log" cannot be opened with mode "a"

0: Stream.php:66
Zend_Log_Writer_Stream->__construct(string '/usr/local/psa/admin/logs/panel.log')
1: Abstract.php:84
CommonPanel_Application_Abstract->_initLog()
2: Abstract.php:31
CommonPanel_Application_Abstract->run()
3: Abstract.php:19
CommonPanel_Application_Abstract::init()
4: auth.php3:137

5.- To try to fix it I have chmod 777 /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/panel.log

6.- I can log in first but after the login says:

ERROR: PleskMainDBException

Up Level
MySQL query failed: Table 'psa.lockout' doesn't exist

0: common_func.php3:155
db_query(string 'delete from lockout where (UNIX_TIMESTAMP(NOW()) - UNIX_TIMESTAMP(last_wrong)) > (30 * 60)')
1: cmd_loginup.php:83
createSession(string 'admin', string '*********')
2: login_up.php3:36

7.- All my domains/sites redirect to Atmail Login, I can receive and send emails but cant see any of my sites and login to plesk panel

8.- I asked to (softlayer tech dept) to fix it, and after 6 hours they surrender:

Unfortunately I am unable to correct this issue on the server after several tries. At this time, I believe the best recourse will be to escalate to Plesk.

I have opened a support ticket with Plesk (Ref Ticket # 1093738) on this issue. This should help resolve this in a timely manner.

9.- Now when I try to open the Plesk panel, shows this:

ERROR: PleskMainDBException
MySQL query failed: Unknown column 'vendor_id' in 'field list'

Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: PleskMainDBException
MySQL query failed: Unknown column 'vendor_id' in 'field list'

0: common_func.php3:155
db_query(string 'select `id`,`parent_id`,`vendor_id`,`type`,`cr_date`,`cname`,`pname`,`login`,`account_id`,`status`,`phone`,`fax`,`email`,`address`,`city`,`state`,`pcode`,`country`,`locale`,`limits_id`,`params_id`,`perm_id`,`pool_id`,`logo_id`,`tmpl_id`,`sapp_pool_id`,`guid`,`external_id`,`overuse` from clients where `id`=5')
1: class.Table.php:183
Table->select()
2: class.cObject.php:479
cObject->fetchAttrsFromTable_()
3: class.Client.php3:110
Client->Client(string '5')
4: common_func.php3:3161
objectMaker(string 'Client', string '5')
5: class.Client.php3:2163
Client::make(string '5')
6: head.php3:52
getUserActualLogoId(object of type UserNone)
7: head.php3:13
get_current_logo_id()
8: LoginTemplateForm.php:14
LoginTemplateForm->__construct()
9: login_up.php3:187

10.- And all my domains are down, all my domains take me to the Atmail login page!,

Please advise, desperate user,
Chris

As I see your support ticket in progress now and your Plesk is already upgraded by support. I hope that all other problems will be fixed by support soon.

I just had the same issue upgrading from 8.6 to 10.2

First I thought the MySql DB is corrupted so I recovered it from the dump before the upgrade.

It looks like the upgrade is stuck in the middle, maybe the tables were supposed to be altered and few more fields were supposed to be added, so PHP is looking for fields there where not created yet ?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This iis from the web page trying to access the plesk desktop :

[2~ERROR: PleskMainDBException
MySQL query failed: Unknown column 'parent_id' in 'field list'

Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: PleskMainDBException
MySQL query failed: Unknown column 'parent_id' in 'field list'

0: common_func.php3:206
db_query(string 'select `id`,`parent_id`,`type`,`cr_date`,`cname`,`pname`,`login`,`account_id`,`status`,`phone`,`fax`,`email`,`address`,`city`,`state`,`pcode`,`country`,`locale`,`limits_id`,`params_id`,`perm_id`,`pool_id`,`logo_id`,`tmpl_id`,`sapp_pool_id`,`guid`,`overuse` from clients where `id`=1')
1: class.Table.php:183
Table->select()
2: class.cObject.php:479
cObject->fetchAttrsFromTable_()
3: class.Client.php3:116
Client->Client(string '1')
4: common_func.php3:3148
objectMaker(string 'Client', string '1')
5: class.Client.php3:1972
Client::make(string '1')
6: elements.php3:928
getCustomPageTitle(object of type UserNone)
7: elements.php3:884
getPleskTitle()
8: login.php3:23

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is from the server command line :

mysql> select * from clients where `id`=1
-> ;
+----+------------+-------+-------+-------+------------+--------+-------+------+-------+---------------+---------------+---------------+------------+---------+--------+-----------+-----------+---------+---------+---------+---------+--------------+--------------------------------------+
| id | cr_date | cname | pname | login | account_id | status | phone | fax | email | address | city | state | pcode | country | locale | limits_id | params_id | perm_id | pool_id | logo_id | tmpl_id | sapp_pool_id | guid |
+----+------------+-------+-------+-------+------------+--------+-------+------+-------+---------------+---------------+---------------+------------+---------+--------+-----------+-----------+---------+---------+---------+---------+--------------+--------------------------------------+

Back