• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

UpGrade from PHP5.1 to PHP5.2

C

cparish

Hello All,

I am new here, and fairly new to the linux & plesk environments.

I need to upgrade my php 5.1 version to php 5.2 so that we can run Wordpress 3.x which is now requiring php5.2

NetworkSolutions will upgrade for me on my VPS server - for $200. I don't have that!

Can someone point me to instructions on how to do this myself?

I have complete access to the server and an ssh connection.

My VPS is:
Plesk 9.2.2
Linux 2.6.9-023stab048.4-smp

I really would appreciate help. If I have not posted in the correct area, please tell me where I should post.

Blessings!

Chuck

You can use ART reporitory and get manually PHP 5.2 or try yum update php --exclude=php5.3 but first add ART reporitory to YUM

This doesn't work. NetworkSolutions VPS are using Fedora 6 - so outdated and not supported anymore. Anyone have any ideas how I can do this?

When I follow the instructions on the page you reference, most of the yum update seems to work fine, but at the end of the display, I get about 15 notices of "Error: Missing Dependency: rpmlib(FileDigests) <= 4.6.0-1 is needed by package php-devel"
And others.
What do I need to do?

Thanks!

i think the best solution for you is to move to a better hosting company which offers updated OS

I just ran into the same problem with NetworkSolutions

They said they will be upgrading FC6 to CentOS in about two weeks, but that's not ideal either, because the PHP on CentOS is quite old as well.

BTW, php 5.2 is know to have serious security problems. You need to go to 5.3.

I am checking out Linnode. They will let you run your choice of distros. My preference is Ubuntu.

cheers...

You can use the art repo to go to 5.2 or 5.3 on centos with no issues - the only reason to stick with 5.2 over 5.3 is the support for zend optimizer as that is depricated in 5.3

Back