• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade from v10 to v11. Error: The license key is invalid.

Justin Clarke

Regular Pleskian
PRODUCT, VERSION, MICROUPDATE, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
psa-11.0.9-cos5.build110120608.16

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
After upgrading from Plesk v10 to v11 (11.0.9) I cannot access the server through 8443 as it is complaining about:

Error: The license key is invalid. In order to use the Panel, please obtain and install a new valid license key.
The license key is intended only for use with Parallels Panel operating inside the following virtual environments: Parallels Virtuozzo Containers, OpenVZ.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Login through 8443. The error shows immediately and I cannot access the panel.

ACTUAL RESULT
Error: The license key is invalid. In order to use the Panel, please obtain and install a new valid license key.
The license key is intended only for use with Parallels Panel operating inside the following virtual environments: Parallels Virtuozzo Containers, OpenVZ.

EXPECTED RESULT
I expect the licence to be valid.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
I saw another thread http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?p=663004 which seems like it's the same issue he got when upgrading to 10.4.4. I'm creating a new thread now in the v11 topic section (as his one was in v10).

I have tried all of the suggested fixes and tried retrieving new keys etc but that doesn't work. So now I am stuck!

I have changed the owner and the group to psaadm on files:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/filemng
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/wrapper

and also chmod to 777 for both.

I have tried restarting etc.

Need some help now!

Thanks.

PRODUCT, VERSION, MICROUPDATE, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
psa-11.0.9-cos5.build110120608.16

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
After upgrading from Plesk v10 to v11 (11.0.9) I cannot access the server through 8443 as it is complaining about:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Login through 8443. The error shows immediately and I cannot access the panel.

ACTUAL RESULT

EXPECTED RESULT
I expect the licence to be valid.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
I saw another thread http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?p=663004 which seems like it's the same issue he got when upgrading to 10.4.4. I'm creating a new thread now in the v11 topic section (as his one was in v10).

I have tried all of the suggested fixes and tried retrieving new keys etc but that doesn't work. So now I am stuck!

I have changed the owner and the group to psaadm on files:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/filemng
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/wrapper

and also chmod to 777 for both.

I have tried restarting etc.

Need some help now!

Thanks.

This can be closed as resolved. I went to my hosting supplier 1&1 and they sorted out the license key for me.

Back