• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Upgrade from v10 to v11. Error: The license key is invalid.

Justin Clarke

Regular Pleskian
PRODUCT, VERSION, MICROUPDATE, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
psa-11.0.9-cos5.build110120608.16

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
After upgrading from Plesk v10 to v11 (11.0.9) I cannot access the server through 8443 as it is complaining about:

Error: The license key is invalid. In order to use the Panel, please obtain and install a new valid license key.
The license key is intended only for use with Parallels Panel operating inside the following virtual environments: Parallels Virtuozzo Containers, OpenVZ.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Login through 8443. The error shows immediately and I cannot access the panel.

ACTUAL RESULT
Error: The license key is invalid. In order to use the Panel, please obtain and install a new valid license key.
The license key is intended only for use with Parallels Panel operating inside the following virtual environments: Parallels Virtuozzo Containers, OpenVZ.

EXPECTED RESULT
I expect the licence to be valid.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
I saw another thread http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?p=663004 which seems like it's the same issue he got when upgrading to 10.4.4. I'm creating a new thread now in the v11 topic section (as his one was in v10).

I have tried all of the suggested fixes and tried retrieving new keys etc but that doesn't work. So now I am stuck!

I have changed the owner and the group to psaadm on files:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/filemng
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/wrapper

and also chmod to 777 for both.

I have tried restarting etc.

Need some help now!

Thanks.

PRODUCT, VERSION, MICROUPDATE, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
psa-11.0.9-cos5.build110120608.16

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
After upgrading from Plesk v10 to v11 (11.0.9) I cannot access the server through 8443 as it is complaining about:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Login through 8443. The error shows immediately and I cannot access the panel.

ACTUAL RESULT

EXPECTED RESULT
I expect the licence to be valid.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
I saw another thread http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?p=663004 which seems like it's the same issue he got when upgrading to 10.4.4. I'm creating a new thread now in the v11 topic section (as his one was in v10).

I have tried all of the suggested fixes and tried retrieving new keys etc but that doesn't work. So now I am stuck!

I have changed the owner and the group to psaadm on files:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/filemng
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/wrapper

and also chmod to 777 for both.

I have tried restarting etc.

Need some help now!

Thanks.

This can be closed as resolved. I went to my hosting supplier 1&1 and they sorted out the license key for me.

Back