• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade instructions - Debian & Plesk 10.0

K

kaizer

I am currently using Debian 5 and Plesk 10.0.1, and would like to upgrade to Debian 6 and Plesk 10.2.

After reading posts in this forum, I am a bit concerned with upgrading the server. I would like to update to Debian 6 because of PHP 5.3 and the new features in Debian 6 and Plesk 10.2.

I couldn't find any information about how to upgrade Debian prior Plesk, and I was hoping someone could give me some hints about how to upgrade without any problems.

Here is my upgradeplan:

1. Perform full serverbackup (using rsync)
2. Upgrade Debian 5 -> Debian 6
3. Upgrade from Plesk 10.0.1 -> Plesk 10.2 (using autoinstaller in terminal)

When upgrading to Debian 6, new versions of mySQL and PHP will be upgraded. My concern is Plesk 10.0.1, because it will break the compability - but will this be fixed when running a upgrade to Plesk 10.2?

only to show my way ...

- backup of customer and business related data
- clean installation of debian 6
- installation of plesk 10.2

i think there are to many issues that my cause problems during this big structure of different updates

BUT:

if you need to work with the B&C manager don´t even think about it
we are waiting for a working solution for some days now
until now we even don´t get any statement

Thanks for your reply.
I do not need to use B&C Manager in Plesk, so I will skip this one for sure.

Since you did a clean install of Plesk 10.2, did the restore worked well? Any issues with the sites after restoring?

there were only two small sites without any special things like databases, mail accounts, ...

i didn´t notice anything went wrong until now - but who knows ?! :)

Back