• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Upgrade issues Onyx -> Obsidian

NateWon

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I've been updating my servers to plesk obsidian and have run into an issue where I believe the installation file will not save - and so the installer is in an infinite loop.
The problematic upgrade has been stuck on the state "Downloading new Plesk Installer version..."
for about 30 minutes - which is much much longer than the other servers.

I can't set the "Store installation files in directory *" directory. Which I believe is the issue (assumption).
I believe this should be set to "/root/parallels" however was set on previous upgrades with other servers.
But I can't edit this field via the UI, so would like to stop the update/download, or set the field value.

Thanks

"Store installation files in directory" isn't the issue - I rebooted the server and was able to enter the value, but its still not downloading.
Where can I locate a log with information on the failed upgrade? Is this possible using the web upgrade tool "install and upgrade plesk"

You will find the installer log in /var/log/plesk/install/
Have a look at the file "autoinstaller3.log" in that directory and also check the other logs for any relevant informations.

What you could try:
* Remove the directory /root/parallels
* Remove the directory /root/.autoinstaller
* Kill all running installer processes (or reboot the server)
* Start the installer again via the Web GUI

You may also run the installer on the command line: Upgrading Plesk for Linux Using Installer Console

After some looking around for a solution, killing the upgrade process and starting then stopped the autoinstaller (before committing to the upgrade), then opening the web interface again its started to work via the web interface. Not sure why but has upgraded successfully and working as expected.

Kill install processes: Unable to open the "Updates and Upgrades" page or start Plesk Installer in CLI: Update operation was locked by another update process
Run Autoinstaller: Upgrading Plesk for Linux Using Installer Console

You will find the installer log in /var/log/plesk/install/
Have a look at the file "autoinstaller3.log" in that directory and also check the other logs for any relevant informations.

What you could try:
* Remove the directory /root/parallels
* Remove the directory /root/.autoinstaller
* Kill all running installer processes (or reboot the server)
* Start the installer again via the Web GUI

You may also run the installer on the command line: Upgrading Plesk for Linux Using Installer Console

Thanks for your response, just seen this now. Can't view the log - not sure if it gets removed on successful completion or not. But has worked so good - but would have been nice to know what the issue was.

Back