• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade/Migration Question

Jayson

Basic Pleskian
Hello Everyone,

I would like to migrate my Plesk 10.4.x on Centos 5.x to a new Centos 6.2.x on a Virtual Platform. I installed a clean Plesk 10.4 on the server and used a trial key. I had hoped I could do a few test migrations on a some non important domains and if all went well move every thing over.

My questions are,

a) After the migration do I just apply my old key and retire the old server?
b) Is there a way I can get the application vault packages? I can only find where to buy it and my old server already has everything. My first migration of a domain failed and one of the errors said there was no WordPress.

Jayson, You need first to install the application vault even though the license does not support it.

However, depending on the type of licence and where you bought it from, usually you would just retrieve your licence through Tools & Settings -> Licence Management -> Retrieve on the new server. (This is the case with me atleast)

Most of the times you need a separate licence for the application vault + spamassassin (If you had this done for you on old server by your dc then you would have to ask them to do it for you again) Otherwise, if your licence already includes it then no need, when you retrieve or install the old licence on the new server then it should automatically appear too.

Back