• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade .Net framework to 4.5

Simon L

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have a plesk server with me, would like to check how should I upgrade my .net framework to 4.5?

Do I need to update the framework by using the control panel or manually download and install?

The plesk is a Parallels Plesk Panel 11.x for Windows.

Yes, just download and install it. After that go to Tools & Settings -> Server Components and click the Refresh button on the page. You should see new version of .NET there.

Hey Igor/Parallels,

Thank you for the great information!

Can i confirm if Plesk Panel 11 can support the following already?

- IIS 7.5
- MVC 3.0/4.0

Hey Igor,

I have installed and did a refresh, however it is only showing .NET 2.0 and 4.0, still not 4.5. Is that normal?

I'm having the same issues, did the install, did a restart on the server, went to Server Components and did a refresh and it still only shows 2.0 and 4.0.3???
Is there a different step we are missing?

Hello there is also another way to upgrade framework. Go to Tools->select upgrade and then we can select new package which is new or updated.

you can install it using plek upgrades and updates and once install you will be able to see the server consonants. If you have done manual installation then you should be able to assign it using iis application pool.

Back