• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade PHP 4.3.9 to 5.2.0

I installed RPMForge so for some reason its not doing it. Do I just uninstall rpmforge and then do it again? Also will all the databases and username stay the same?

Yes everything ended up working for me. There was an issue with sqlite but that got fixed too.

One minor thing in my phpinfo()

it shows

Client API version 4.1.22 for Mysql

One more problem I noticed in my error logs

Failed loading /usr/lib/php4/php_ioncube_loader_lin_4.3.so: /usr/lib/php4/php_ioncube_loader_lin_4.3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or dir

and

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/xsl.so' - /lib/libgcrypt.so.11: undefined symbol: gpg_err_code_from_syserror in Unknown on line 0

Any fixes for this. Btw, thanks a lot for providing php5 I was looking for that for months. You rock!

the first one you need to upgrade php-ioncube-loader, you're using the php4 version with php 5. The latter I'm looking into still

I was able to update our box to PHP 5 following yur instructions and everything worked.
mysql 5.0.77-1.el4.art
php 5.2.9-2.el4.art

But now when I try and add a database used to a new database I get "Table 'mysql.procs_priv' doesn't exist"

All the old databases are working but I can't make any new ones. Any idea of that I messed up?

the first one you need to upgrade php-ioncube-loader, you're using the php4 version with php 5. The latter I'm looking into still

Ok so got the ioncube-loader.ini to load fine. Here is what the error was.

In the folder /etc/php.d there were two calls to ioncube

ioncube.ini
ioncube-loader.ini

so i renamed ioncube-loader.ini to ioncube-loader.ini and no more errors about the ioncube but one error still comes up.

# php -v
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/xsl.so' - /lib/libgcrypt.so.11: undefined symbol: gpg_err_code_from_syserror in Unknown on line 0
PHP 5.2.9 (cli) (built: Mar 10 2009 16:30:52)

I was able to update our box to PHP 5 following yur instructions and everything worked.
mysql 5.0.77-1.el4.art
php 5.2.9-2.el4.art

But now when I try and add a database used to a new database I get "Table 'mysql.procs_priv' doesn't exist"

All the old databases are working but I can't make any new ones. Any idea of that I messed up?

run this command

cat /usr/share/mysql/mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql | /bin/mysql --no-defaults --force --user=admin -p --host=localhost --database=mysql

see if that helps.

Back