• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Upgrade switched me to qmail, I want to switch back to postfix

SlobodanG

New Pleskian
Hi,

Please help me get back postfix.

I have upgraded Plesk from 9.5 to 9.5.2, and it switched from postfix to qmail, somehow leaving both packages installed.

First I have tried to switch back by using

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --install-component postfix

as mentioned here: http://kb.parallels.com/en/5801

and that gave me:

Detecting installed product components.
You already have the latest version of product(s) and all selected components
installed. Installation will not continue.

I have also tried removing postfix in order to get it back with autoinstaller by issuing rpm -e --nodeps postfix-2.3.3-2.1.el5_2, but even after that I'm getting same message that I already have postfix installed.

At the end, I have tried to do update in Plesk to next version 9.5.3, but autoinstaller update fails telling me this:

The requested package "psa" could not be installed.
Searching problems for the "psa" package.
No suitable solutions were found for the "psa-mail-driver >= 1.0.0" dependency.
The "psa-mail-pc-driver-1.0.0-cos5.build95101022.06.i586" package resolves "psa-mail-driver >= 1.0.0".
The "psa-mail-pc-driver-1.0.0-cos5.build95100504.12.i586" package resolves "psa-mail-driver >= 1.0.0".
The "psa-mail-qc-driver-1.0.0-cos5.build95100504.12.i586" package resolves "psa-mail-driver >= 1.0.0".
Solution for dependency 'psa-mail-driver >= 1.0.0' is not available.Problem occured during searching directly resolved dependencies for 'psa-mail-driver >= 1.0.0' of package psa-9.5.3-cos5.build95101022.06.i586 Error: Unable to install the "psa-9.5.3-cos5.build95101022.06.i586" package.
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.

what now? how can i switch back to postfix?

Last edited:
if you run the auto installer manually you should be able to select postfix

you can also remove it by just specifying the package name

rpm -e postfix --nodeps

or

rpm -e `rpm -qa postfix\*` --nodeps

I did so, but autoinstaller kept telling me that package is up to date (?!)

now, I have upgraded plesk to 9.5.4 and I'll stay on qmail for time being.

Back