• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade to 10.1.1 fails because of php 5.2.x

i saw right now, there is a Parallels Plesk Panel v. 10.1.1 component updates are available.

# Base packages of Plesk
# PHP5 support

but i dont know what exactly it will change. is there a changelog somewhere?

Nope, still not fixed. Attempted to run the autoinstaller, still errors.

I'm still getting errors too :/ Hope it will be fixed soon!
I'm running openSUSE 11.1 and PHP 5.3.3

I am still getting this error when upgrading to 10.1.1 from 9.5.4 on CentOS 4.5:

ERROR: Unable to install the "php-ioncube-loader-4.0.4-11011715.i386" package.

The following could cause the installation failure:
1) php-ioncube-loader-4.0.4-11011715.i386: No suitable solutions were found
for the "php < 4.4.0" dependency.

2) Unable to downgrade 'php' package to version 4.3.9-3.29:
version 5.2.3-4.el4.art is currently installed.

Most of my sites still work but I get this error when I try to load the Plesk web interface

2011-03-19 08:01:22: (mod_fastcgi.c.2582) FastCGI-stderr: PHP Warning: require_once(Loader.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3 on line 4
PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'Loader.php' (include_path='/usr/local/psa/admin/plib:/usr/local/psa/admin/javascripts:/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/locales:/usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend:/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin:/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpPgAdmin') in /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3 on line 4

What can I do?

Same Issue After Trying to Upgrade to 10.1.1

I have a similar problem... I tried to upgrade from 9.5.4 to 10.1.1 and apparently everything was successful except that I started getting this error...

2011-03-24 06:27:16: (mod_fastcgi.c.2582) FastCGI-stderr: PHP Warning: require_once(Loader.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3 on line 4
PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'Loader.php' (include_path='/usr/local/psa/admin/plib:/usr/local/psa/admin/javascripts:/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/locales:/usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend:/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin:/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpPgAdmin') in /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3 on line 4

And if I go to autoinstaller, it says the current installed version is 9.5.4...

I tried adding the path to the Zend/Loader.php to the plesk php.ini and it found the file but then I get a Class Loader not found...

Any help to be able to access the Control Panel would be appreciated...

Thanks

It looks like upgrade was not completed successfully. Try to repair it with bootstrapper - http://kb.odin.com/en/9330

I would try that IF that file existed, there's no bootstrapper folder and according to autoinstaller and the MySQL version of plesk says I'm in 9.5.4. I've tried running autoinstaller to upgrade again but I just get a lot of "can't download because of md5 checksum" this is on a REHL 5 box. I can paste the installer log if that helps but I'm on a mobile now.

Thanks

I would try that IF that file existed, there's no bootstrapper folder and according to autoinstaller and the MySQL version of plesk says I'm in 9.5.4. I've tried running autoinstaller to upgrade again but I just get a lot of "can't download because of md5 checksum" this is on a REHL 5 box. I can paste the installer log if that helps but I'm on a mobile now.

Thanks

This is what I'm trying with the installer and the results I get...

Select the desired products and their versions
===============================================================================

The following product versions are available:

1. [*] Parallels Plesk Panel
2. (*) Parallels Plesk Panel 10.1.1
3. ( ) Parallels Plesk Panel 10.1.0
4. ( ) Parallels Plesk Panel 10.0.1
5. ( ) Parallels Plesk Panel 10.0.0
6. ( ) Parallels Plesk Panel 9.5.4 (currently installed)

7. [ ] Parallels Small Business Panel

8. [ ] Sitebuilder 4.5 and earlier versions (for Plesk 9 and earlier)

9. [ ] SSO

N) Go to the next page; P) Go to the previous page; Q) Cancel installing
To select a version, type the respective number;
Select an action [N]:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Main components list for Parallels Plesk Panel

11 of 31 components selected

Please select the components of Parallels Plesk Panel you want to install:

1. * Base packages of Plesk
2. [*] Plesk Updater
3. [*] PostgreSQL server support
4. [*] Plesk migration manager
5. [ ] Health monitor
6. [ ] Payment gateway and registrar modules adapted to Business Manager
7. [*] SiteBuilder
8. [ ] Customer & Business Manager (free, recommended for shared hosting)
9. [ ] <+> Plesk hosting features // 0 of 7 components selected

Different PHP interpreter versions
10. ( ) PHP5.3 support
11. (*) PHP5 support

Different mailservers
12. (*) Qmail mailserver
13. ( ) Postfix mailserver

14. [ ] <+> Additional Plesk modules // 0 of 5 components selected
15. [ ] <+> Game servers // 0 of 1 components selected
16. [.] <+> Additional mail services // 2 of 4 components selected
17. [.] <+> Server backup solutions // 1 of 2 components selected
18. [.] <+> Plesk webmails support // 1 of 2 components selected

N) Next page; P) Go back; Q) Cancel installing;
A) Select all; D) Deselect all;
Enter number to toggle the component or to view the group;
Type a number or a character of desired action [N]:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Preparing Your System for Product Installation

There are 0 packages required for the product to function properly, which
were not found in your system.

There are 3 packages that need to be upgraded
in order to install the product.

N) Install packages;
S) Show a list of packages; L) Return to primary components list;
Q) Cancel installing;
Select an action [N]:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loaded plugins: dellsysid, rhnplugin, security
Setting up Install Process
No package plesk-core available.
No package plesk-l10n available.
No package psa-triggers available.
No package psa-vhost available.
Package postgresql-8.1.11-1.el5_1.1.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package postgresql-server-8.1.11-1.el5_1.1.x86_64 already installed and latest version
No package pp-sitebuilder available.
No package pp-sitebuilder-default-templates available.
No package pp-sitebuilder-skins available.
No package plesk-mail-qc-driver available.
No package psa-courier-imap available.
Package 3:mailman-2.1.9-4.el5.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do
Installing patches...
File downloading PSA_10.1.1/microupdates/MU2/rpm/conf.php: was skipped because of md5 checksum match.
File downloading PSA_10.1.1/microupdates/MU3/RedHat-el5-x86_64/packagemng: was skipped because of md5 checksum match.
File downloading PSA_10.1.1/microupdates/MU5/common/DatabaseManagerMySQL.php: was skipped because of md5 checksum match.
File downloading PSA_10.1.1/microupdates/MU5/common/main.js: was skipped because of md5 checksum match.
File downloading PSA_10.1.1/microupdates/MU6/common/class.ServerMailForm.php: was skipped because of md5 checksum match.
File downloading PSA_10.1.1/microupdates/MU7/common/common_messages_en-US.php: was skipped because of md5 checksum match.
File downloading PSA_10.1.1/microupdates/MU7/common/conhelp_en-US.php: was skipped because of md5 checksum match.
File downloading PSA_10.1.1/microupdates/MU7/common/messages_en-US.php: was skipped because of md5 checksum match.
File downloading PSA_10.1.1/microupdates/MU7/common/visibility.php: was skipped because of md5 checksum match.
File downloading PSA_10.1.1/microupdates/MU7/common/cuInterfaceTemplate.php: was skipped because of md5 checksum match.
File downloading PSA_10.1.1/microupdates/MU9/rhas5x64/websrvmng: was skipped because of md5 checksum match.
File downloading PSA_10.1.1/microupdates/MU9/rhas5x64/launchpad: was skipped because of md5 checksum match.
File downloading PSA_10.1.1/microupdates/MU10/common/cuInitConf.php: was skipped because of md5 checksum match.
File downloading PSA_10.1.1/microupdates/MU10/common/PleskX.pm: was skipped because of md5 checksum match.
File downloading PSA_10.1.1/microupdates/MU12/common/backends.php: was skipped because of md5 checksum match.
File downloading PSA_10.1.1/microupdates/MU13/common/auth.php3: was skipped because of md5 checksum match.
File downloading PSA_10.1.1/microupdates/MU13/common/common_func.php3: was skipped because of md5 checksum match.
The packages were installed successfully.

Same problem here, upgrade from Plesk 9.5.4 to 10.1.1 failed on CentOS 5.3. Plesk Panel doesn't work anymore with exactely the same error as mentioned above and also no bootstrapper on my installation.

What to do to roll-back or move-forward? (Yeah, restore backup, I know, but repair without loosing changed data because of correctly running web, mail and database services is absolutely preferred...)

Still getting this error. I haven't been able to use my Plesk admin for weeks. Any idea when this will be fixed?

I upgraded today. I also did a yum update.

Two issues;

1. All date() calls now fail and require a location: e.g. date_default_timezone_set('Antarctica/Macquarie'); prior to date calls.
2. I have cron running a script and it is throwing errors dues to safe mode depreceation.

I think this all has to do with php upgrade to 5.3 more than plesk.

Grant

I upgraded today. I also did a yum update.
2. I have cron running a script and it is throwing errors dues to safe mode depreceation.
I think this all has to do with php upgrade to 5.3 more than plesk.
Grant

yes thats a php 5.3 thing. read the php 5.3 changelog for more information

I was able to resolve my issue by upgrading to the new 10.2 version with the autoinstaller.

I had to remove a php-cli package before it would do the upgrade: rpm -e --nodeps php-cli-5.2.3-4.el4.art.i386

As a silly suggestion - why bother with PHP v5.3 right now? While most developers have been making sure their code is compliant, I had a nightmare of a time upgrading to v5.3 -- as many sites would simply not be compliant - and many sites used commands that were depreciated in v5.3.

What's wrong with sticking with 5.2 for a while? (I love first adopting, but I had to seriously revert backwards here as I saw this doing nothing but causing problems).

gruntly0007:

Concerning the date bit - that's actually not true. You can resolve that in /etc/php.ini -- by defining your timezone in there.

I resolved this with:

date.timezone = Chicago

But! I still ended up removing PHP 5.3 and rolling back to 5.2 for compatibility with many things - including Zend Optimizer (not available for 5.3 64-Bit) and some other useful things that were using commands that had been deprecated.

Last edited:
What's wrong with sticking with 5.2 for a while?

I don't like running unsupported versions of software on production servers. AFAIK the PHP team has announced there will be no more releases of PHP 5.2, so you're on your own when new (security) flaws are discovered in PHP 5.2.

Unless you need 5.2 and can't move to 5.3 yet, I'd roll back to the PHP packages provided by my OS (PHP 5.1 in case of EL5), since those packages do get backported fixes.

What an utter fail.. after updating a Plesk package from Virtuozzo I got the same Fatal error: Call to undefined function vz_detect_ve() (along with missing Plesk httpd configuration, which I fortunately could fix quickly using httpdmng).

I was finally able to resolve it by using autoinstaller to upgrade to Plesk 10.2. The bootstrap procedure gave nothing but errors for me, but fortunately it proved unnecessary.

Back