• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade To 10.2.0 - Grayed Out

S

Superman857

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade Plesk but having some trouble with the new upgrader in Plesk 10. I am currently on 10.0.1 and wish to upgrade, but I can't seem to figure out how to upgrade to 10.2 or anything. When I log in, it prompts me it's available, but when I visit the updater page the only item not grayed out is 'add components'. All of the installed ones say they are up-to-date (I'm assuming this is within 10.0.1), and then there are some that are not installed that I don't care for.

How can I upgrade the actual panel version like I used to in 9 rather than individual items within the current version?

You can run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller and follow instructions.

That isn't giving me any options to upgrade from 10.0.1 to a newer version - just updates within the same version I believe.

Select the desired products and their versions
===============================================================================

The following product versions are available:

1. [*] Parallels Plesk Panel
2. (*) Parallels Plesk Panel 10.0.1 (currently installed)

N) Go to the next page; P) Go to the previous page; Q) Cancel installing
To select a version, type the respective number;
Select an action [N]:

There is no option for 10.1, or 10.2, etc. Running the 10.3 preupgrade-check said my installer was outdated at 3.7.1 with a link to a KB that says how to get a new one. I got the new one and replaced /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller with the 10.3 auto installer (3.10 I believe), and the preupgrade-check warning went away. However, I still see no way to upgrade. When running the newer version, I still have the same options as the old. There isn't an option to go from 10.0.1 to 10.1.0 or anything like that. If I continue with the installer (into the 10.0.1 section by default, as that's all that is listed), it says I'm up to date on everything.

But how can I upgrade, not update? I'm just not seeing it and can't find any documentation on it anywhere.

Didn't seem to do anything and just says I'm at latest components. Any other suggestions? I don't understand how upgrading from 10.0 to 10.1-10.3 can be so difficult.

[root]# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-release-latest --upgrade-installed-components --truncate-log --notify-email root
File downloading products.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading plesk.inf3: 11%..24%..38%..51%..65%..78%..100% was finished.
File downloading pp-sitebuilder.inf3: 33%..44%..56%..68%..79%..91%..100% was finished.
Checking for installed packages...
File downloading PSA_10.0.1/plesk-10.0.1-cos5-i386.inf3: 10%..20%..38%..40%..50%..60%..70%..80%..90%..100% was finished.
File downloading PSA_10.0.1/plesk-patches-10.0.1-cos5-i386.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading SITEBUILDER_5.0.0/sitebuilder-5.0.0-rhall-all.inf3: 100% was finished.
Parallels Containers were detected. Trying to connect to VZAgent...Warning! Failed to connect to VZAgent: ioctl: Transport endpoint is not connected
Detecting installed product components.
You already have the latest version of product(s) and all selected components
installed. Installation will not continue.

Check your installer version

Check your installer version by checking
Code:
yum list psa-autoinstaller
or
Code:
rpm -qa psa-autoinstaller
If the installer version is out of date get this by visiting http://64.131.90.31/PSA_10.3.1/, select your "distro" and go to folder "/opt/updater", copy/paste the complete link into your SSH console.

Like Centos 5 i386:
Code:
wget http://64.131.90.31/PSA_10.3.1/dist-rpm-CentOS-5-i386/opt/updater/psa-autoinstaller-3.10.1-110812.13.i386.rpm
Install the updated file by localinstall at yum.
Code:
yum localinstall /root/*.rpm
or
Code:
rpm -Uhv /root/psa-autoinstaller*.rpm
When completed, retry the Plesk update session again.
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-release-latest --upgrade-installed-components --truncate-log --notify-email root
Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. It looks like psa-autoinstaller was at 3.7.1. Your instructions worked to upgrade, although I had to include --nogpgcheck since it wasn't signed.

It looks like yum upgraded the autoinstaller package fine, but it still has the same message when I try to update.

[root]# yum list psa-autoinstaller
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* atomic: www3.atomicorp.com
* epel: mirrors.solfo.com
Reducing CentOS-5 Testing to included packages only
Finished
Installed Packages
psa-autoinstaller.i386 3.10.1-110812.13 installed
[root]# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-release-latest --upgrade-installed-components --truncate-log --notify-email root
File downloading plesk.inf3: 11%..24%..38%..100% was finished.
File downloading pp-sitebuilder.inf3: 33%..44%..56%..68%..79%..91%..100% was finished.
File downloading PSA_10.0.1/plesk-10.0.1-cos5-i386.inf3: 10%..20%..31%..44%..50%..60%..70%..80%..90%..100% was finished.
File downloading PSA_10.0.1/plesk-patches-10.0.1-cos5-i386.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading SITEBUILDER_5.0.0/sitebuilder-5.0.0-rhall-all.inf3: 100% was finished.
Parallels Containers were detected. Trying to connect to VZAgent...Warning! Failed to connect to VZAgent: ioctl: Transport endpoint is not connected
Detecting installed product components.
You already have the latest version of product(s) and all selected components
installed. Installation will not continue.

Note I've also downloaded the latest autoinstaller from Plesk site (not an rpm) for CentOS 5 (3.10.1 as well - not sure if this is the same as what yum installed or not) and tried running that autoinstaller as mentioned previously, and it has the same result as well.

Use autoinstaller with command "--help" to refer the options or use the commands below to upgrade/check the Plesk version:

Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --show-all-releases
And using "--select-release-id" like this:
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-release-id PLESK_10_3_1 --upgrade-installed-components --truncate-log --notify-email root
Now I am running out of options.

Making progress at least! Somewhat. Using show-all-releases it looks like it kind of found 10_2_0 - not the newest but still newer than what I have. However, when trying to actually run autoinstaller with that release, it gave an error (and looks like part of the error message chopped off...not sure what the rest of that sentence is supposed to be). Using --show-releases (should be only releases available for my OS), I only see Plesk 10.0.1. I'm running CentOS 5.5, and from what I found online Plesk 10.3 should run on CentOS 5.0-5.6...not sure why it's not showing up...

[root]# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --show-all-releases
File downloading pp-sitebuilder.inf3: 21%..33%..44%..56%..68%..79%..91%..100% was finished.
--- prod_id release_id (description) ---
plesk PLESK_10_2_0 (Parallels Plesk Panel 10.2.0)
plesk PLESK_10_0_1 (Parallels Plesk Panel 10.0.1)
[root]# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-release-id PLESK_10_2_0 --upgrade-installed-components --truncate-log --notify-email root
File downloading pp-sitebuilder.inf3: 21%..33%..44%..56%..68%..79%..91%..100% was finished.

ERROR: There is no release with ID PLESK_10_2_0 in

[root]#

*** One latest solution for your installation ***

It seems to be so weird that you can't upgrade Plesk 10. Did you already see your templates at your container!

When you go to your templates at Parallels Automation or Virtuozzo, could you see actually the Plesk 10 templates. You have to select Plesk 10 templates only for your container.
If you have a previous upgrade from Plesk 9.5 to Plesk 10, than add Plesk 10 too and update your container into Parallels Automation or Virtuozzo.

Thanks for the advice. This part I'm not sure about as I do not have control over that portion. It's a virtual dedicated server with GoDaddy and I'm going to have to put in a request as I don't have access to Virtuozzo. I did originally have Plesk 9.x on the server though, I believe. Perhaps this is the issue? We will see how it goes. Often they say they cannot help since it's not a "managed server", but I think this is a reasonable request since it's something I don't actually have access to.

Just a quick update. Finally figured out the issue, and after all this work it was one of those stupid issues :-( Kind of, anyways. The update server was set to GoDaddy's mirror server by default, and apparently their mirror server is not updated and does not contain the latest updates. Changing to the official Plesk server fixed the issue.

So if anyone out there has GoDaddy hosting their server, keep this in mind. Their mirror server isn't a very good mirror in my opinion.

Back