• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Upgrade to 17.5.3 failed

Jelle_Timmer

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,

Today my Plesk-servers all reported an update to Onyx 17.5.3.

When trying to upgrade my development-server, it failed with the message:
"You already have the latest version of product(s) and all the selected components installed. Installation will not continue." (screenshot 5)

After selecting the update (screenshot 2), the installer is updated (screenshot 3 - updating and installed are both loaded twice!). After that the package-list is shown (without any update-markers! - screenshot 4) and when clicking 'Continue', it fails (screenshot 5).

When trying to update directly after that, the 'Install or Upgrade Product' page states there is no update available (screenshot 6) while the Summary-page states differently (screenshot 1).

Any idea of what the problem can be? Speaks for itself that i'll wait updating my production-servers until this is solved and working flawless...

My server is on 17.0.17#24.

Attachments

• 1_update-ready.png
    1_update-ready.png
    134.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 2_select-version.png
    2_select-version.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 3_updating-installer.png
    3_updating-installer.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 4_select-packages.png
    4_select-packages.png
    173.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 5_update-failed.png
    5_update-failed.png
    111.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 6_no-suitable-versions.png
    6_no-suitable-versions.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 14
Hi Jelle_Timmer,

depending to your used mirrors, it can take a while untill other mirrors sync with the Plesk mirrors. I would suggest that you choose the standart Plesk mirrors to avoid such delays and to avoid the confusion about "There is an update" and "There is no update".

Example: With the mirror "autoinstall.plesk.com" you will ALWAYS get the newest updates/upgrades available, but mirrors from Strato, OVH, Hetzner, 1and1 ... or any other server hosting company will take time to SYNC with the Plesk mirrors, depending to their very own settings and policies for THEIR mirrors. Plesk is not able to change settings and policies at mirrors that they don't control and each server hosting provider is able to use it's very own autoinstall - mirror.

You can be sure, that Plesk tries hard to guarantee 99,99 percent uptime for it's own mirrors and guarantees as well the "always-up-to-date" - state, but Plesk can't in any way guarantee the same for non-Plesk mirrors. ;)

According to the 'Update source and installation settings' my default installation-source is the Official Plesk Updates server. I never changed this value.

The server just happened to have completed the update to 17.5.3, so whatever went wrong this morning, it's resolved for this server this moment.

Attachments

• 7_plesk-update-settings.png
    7_plesk-update-settings.png
    128.1 KB · Views: 14
While i feel the cause of the issue is still unclear (the Onyx-installation came with official servers as update-source, so mirror-servers are not relevant), the problem for this server, and therefor the issue, is solved for now.

Back