• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade to 7.5.4 failed All webpage gone

C

CBiLL

All the log says is

Trying to update component 'tomcat' in Components table...
ERROR while trying to update component 'tomcat' in Components table
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/psa_7.5.4_FedoraCore_1_build75050824.12_upgrade.log), fix and try again

Aborting...

error: %post(psa-7.5.4-fc1.build75050824.12) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

----- end of output -----
===> Autoinstaller: stopped logging at Thu Aug 25 00:18:40 2005

***** end of log file *****

All my customers website are gone right now.

I need help to get them back asap!

Thank you
Bill

I got the webpage back by replacing the http.include with a backup copy and started psa

But everyone cannot get thier emails however sending emails out works .. It just the incoming emails does not work.

Bill

I had to restore psa.conf to get my email working ... Let see what else broke during the upgrade.

I am kinda glad I did this late at night ..

Bill

Right now you have a failed upgrade. There will be problems until the upgrade is completed, or the server is reverted to a backup.

Did you check the contents of the log file:

/tmp/psa_7.5.4_FedoraCore_1_build75050824.12_upgrade.log

?? Are there any further details as to it failing to change the tomcat component of the components table of the psa database? What version of Tomcat4 do/did you have prior to trying the upgrade?

Yes I checked the log that what I pasted was from the log .. here it is

quotacheck: Checked 5668 directories and 110328 files
Trying to check for quota support... done
Trying to update component 'tomcat' in Components table... ERROR 1062 at line 1: Duplicate entry 'tomcat' for key 1

ERROR while trying to update component 'tomcat' in Components table

Aborting...

and I never use Tomcat before so I never installed it in the past.

Bill

One thing I wanted to add is I am using ART's PHP and MYSQL that I don't think it should made any difference ..

Bill

When you did the updater, did you do just the 'base packages of plesk' first, then go back and do the others (including the Tomcat Java Servlets support) or did you checkmark everything all at once?

I have always found it to be better to do just the 'base packages', let that finish, then selectively pick the other updates which I need or use, and not the others which are not needed or used.

Re: Log - ah, I wasn't sure if what you posted was from the actual log or from the updater email report.

This is how I always upgrade .. Basic package first

then when it a sucess I would add 2 or 3 package at a time but I never install tomcat package in the past.

Tomcat is still showing "Not Install" in the upgrader.

Bill

Ok, just checking. I remember with the 7.5.3 release, many were checkmarking everything at once and many had problems with that.

Since you don't use Tomcat, then not having it installed is no big deal.

Hope all the rest goes well.

So how do I upgrade then?

I am still at 7.5.2 since I never upgraded to 7.5.3 and didn't have time to upgrade until now.

Do I run the upgrader again?

Bill

One thing that puzzles me ..

the http.include and psa.conf I had to go get from my old backup.

It never made a backup copy during the upgrade or I am not looking in the right place for the backup copies of those conf files.

Bill

Originally posted by CBiLL
So how do I upgrade then?

I am still at 7.5.2 since I never upgraded to 7.5.3 and didn't have time to upgrade until now.

Do I run the upgrader again?

Bill
That's what I would try.
It never made a backup copy during the upgrade or
Since the upgrade was aborted, it may not have gotten to that part. Normally the update script would make backup copies with '_saved-by-psa' appended to the filename or something like that.

I am going to try again

Wish me luck!

I will report back 8-P

Bill

It failed the Upgrade but different reason this time.

Installing /PSA_7.5.4/rpm_FedoraCore_1/base/psa-proftpd-xinetd-1.2.10-fc1.build75050824.12.i586.rpm
warning: /etc/proftpd.conf saved as /etc/proftpd.conf.rpmsave
Reloading configuration: [ OK ]

Installing /PSA_7.5.4/rpm_FedoraCore_1/base/psa-logrotate-3.7-fc1.build75050824.12.i586.rpm
Installing /PSA_7.5.4/rpm_FedoraCore_1/base/psa-courier-imap-add-7.5.4-fc1.build75050824.12.i586.rpm
Installing /PSA_7.5.4/rpm_FedoraCore_1/base/courier-imap-3.0.8-fc1.build75050824.12.i586.rpm
file /usr/bin/deliverquota from install of courier-imap-3.0.8-fc1.build75050824.12 conflicts with file from package maildrop-1.6.0-1.9
file /usr/bin/maildirmake from install of courier-imap-3.0.8-fc1.build75050824.12 conflicts with file from package maildrop-1.6.0-1.9

----- end of output -----
===> Autoinstaller: stopped logging at Thu Aug 25 01:49:54 2005

hrmmm what does the heck that mean?

Bill

from install of courier-imap-3.0.8-fc1.build75050824.12 conflicts with file from package maildrop-1.6.0-1.9
It appears that you have maildrop installed and (at least) those 2 files referenced in the error log are keeping the updater from completing the install of courier-imap.

You could try uninstalling maildrop, running the updater, then installing maildrop afterwards (if you actually use it).

Had you previously also installed Qmail scanner stuff from ART? (since you mentioned PHP and mySQL from ART)

I tried Qmailscanner and SpamAssassin from ART year ago but never could get it to work so I thought I had removed those packages. I am sure I did a Yum remove of those package.

What is maildrop for and if it not needed by Plesk then how would I remove it?

Thanks
Bill

You can try 'yum remove maildrop', or else 'rpm -e maildrop'.

You use a live production server for testing?

I only have 1 linux server while the rest are Windows based server and I brought Plesk for this reason to ease my administrating and upgrading on a linux server.

And I only upgrade Plesk when it release and there no word "beta" attached to it anywhere.

Thanks
Bill

Ah, I was only asking due to your post:
I tried Qmailscanner and SpamAssassin from ART year ago
which led me to think you used a live server for this 'testing' (aka: tried or trying)

Back