• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade to 9.5.3 from 9.5.2 problems

Ryan11433

Regular Pleskian
MAIN FEATURE HAS BEEN BROKEN, BECAUSE SOME MAIN COMPONESTS WAS MISSING FROM PREVIOUs INSTALLATION

Fatal error during installation. (Error code 1603) at Unable to execute "(-FULL PATH REMOVED-)\Paraelles\Install\101020.04\Plesk.msi" REINSTALLMODE=vomus

I even reinstalled 9.5.2 with no errors I just can't upgrade to 9.5.3.

Also my control panel is not working. The error is "ERROR: PleskFatalException Unable to create Session object: session_set_save_handler() failed: session_set_save_handler() [function.session-set-save-handler]: Argument 3 is not a valid callback 0: common_func.php3:109 psaerror(string 'Unable to create Session object: session_set_save_handler() failed: session_set_save_handler() [function.session-set-save-handler]: Argument 3 is not a valid callback') 1: auth.php3:149"

Event Viewer about the control panel
The description for Event ID 2 from source PHP-5.2.6 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

php[2652]
PHP Warning: session_set_save_handler() [<a href='function.session-set-save-handler'>function.session-set-save-handler</a>]: Argument 3 is not a valid callback in C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\class.Session.php on line 246

I do not know where PHP 5.2.6 errors came from maybe it was from older builds? even though it was probably plesk control panel handler (apache).

PHP Warning: session_set_save_handler() [<a href='function.session-set-save-handler'>function.session-set-save-handler</a>]: Argument 3 is not a valid callback in C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\class.Session.php on line 246 is the issue and that is why my control panel have a error. I cannot fix it myself because that copy is encoded by Parallels (former SW-SOFT). If I was to delete that file the control panel will have a blank white screen

I also reapplied those that have problems by using Plesk Reconfigurator it did not correct the control panel error.

Last edited:
Fix for control panel but a new error

In C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\php.ini

Make sure session.save_path is set to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\sessions"

New error results:
ERROR: PleskFatalException Unable to create Session object: session_set_save_handler() failed: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for '-5.0/no DST' instead 0: common_func.php3:109 psaerror(string 'Unable to create Session object: session_set_save_handler() failed: mktime() [function.mktime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for '-5.0/no DST' instead') 1: auth.php3:149

Time Zone Fix but new error

ERROR: PleskFatalException
Unable to create Session object: session_set_save_handler() failed:

0: common_func.php3:109
psaerror(string 'Unable to create Session object: session_set_save_handler() failed: ')
1: auth.php3:149

My mistake

leave session.save_handler alone please ingore my replies and the error is

ERROR: PleskFatalException Unable to create Session object: session_set_save_handler() failed: session_set_save_handler() [function.session-set-save-handler]: Argument 3 is not a valid callback 0: common_func.php3:109 psaerror(string 'Unable to create Session object: session_set_save_handler() failed: session_set_save_handler() [function.session-set-save-handler]: Argument 3 is not a valid callback') 1: auth.php3:149

Last edited:
Control Panel is fixed now but still unable to upgrade to 9.5.3

I fixed the control panel showhow by replacing C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\modules files using 9.5.2 plesk modules. However I'm still unable to upgrade to 9.5.3

Like I stated earlier
MAIN FEATURE HAS BEEN BROKEN, BECAUSE SOME MAIN COMPONESTS WAS MISSING FROM PREVIOUs INSTALLATION

Fatal error during installation. (Error code 1603) at Unable to execute "(-FULL PATH REMOVED-)\Paraelles\Install\101020.04\Plesk.msi" REINSTALLMODE=vomus

I even reinstalled 9.5.2 with no errors I just can't upgrade to 9.5.3.

Last edited:
Back