• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Upgrade to Plesk 18.0.53 on Centos8

CMD Srl

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Centos8
Plesk version and microupdate number
I have a server with OS Centos8 and I cannot upgrade plesk to 18.0.53; it seems to me very strange because I have another server with OS Centos7 and it has been upgraded.
Does anyone knows what I should do to upgrade my Plesk version on Centos8?

CentOS 8 was end of life by the end of 2021. Plesk does not support outdated operating systems. Please migrate your installation to a current operating system, e.g. Alma Linux 8.

Thank you Peter for your reply.
I know I should migrate and it will be done in a medium period; meanwile I would like to upgrade to a version of Plesk which include PHP8 and, what I connot understand is why I can upgrade to Plesk 18.0.54 on a server with Centos7 and I cannot do it on a server with Cestos8.....
Does anyone have upgraded to Plesk 18.0.54 on a Centos8 server?

Thank you Peter for your reply.
I know I should migrate and it will be done in a medium period; meanwile I would like to upgrade to a version of Plesk which include PHP8 and, what I connot understand is why I can upgrade to Plesk 18.0.54 on a server with Centos7 and I cannot do it on a server with Cestos8.....
Does anyone have upgraded to Plesk 18.0.54 on a Centos8 server?

It seems contrary to logic but the TLDR version is that CentOS 8 was very quickly made end of life while CentOS 7's end of life exceeds CentOS 8 and CentOS 7 continues to be supported until June 30, 2024 so because of that oddball situation, you are able to update to the current release on your CentOS 7 box but your CentOS 8 install is giving you a world of troubles.

You should consider moving off of that CentOS 8 install as soon as possible to a supported OS version (CentOS 7, Alma, Rocky, Ubuntu).

I need to note, that's possible to do in-place conversion from CentOS 8 to AlmaLinux 8, see AlmaLinux deploy tool. Please note, before running the tool, you need to switch to our archives, by adding / replacing source in /root/.autoinstallerrc file, prior to run almalinux-deploy.sh.

Code:
SOURCE = http://autoinstall-archives.plesk.com

And don't forget to remove this line after conversion.

Thanks,

Thank you to everyone for the information. I had a look to Alma linux deploy tool and it seems to me the only way to exit from this situation.

Back