• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Upgrade trial from AWS AMI

alexandernst

New Pleskian
Hi!

I started an AWS AMI Plesk Onyx trial, and in the "My Marketplace Software" section I see that the trial expires the 15 of this month (June), which means in 8 days.
I launched a t2.large instance from there, and the Plesk that got installed in the EC2 instance says that the trial expires in 15 days.

Which one is it? 8 days or 15 days?

Also, what do I need to do when the trial expires? Do I need to do something or will the AMI use the subscription from the marketplace by it's own?

Regards

Hello alexandernst,

Could you please clarify what exactly AMI image you started? BYOL or WebHost?

Amazon Marketplace provides 10 days trial for paid images:
'Free Trial' said:
Try one instance of this product for 10 days. There will be no hourly software charges for that instance, but AWS infrastructure charges still apply. Free Trials will automatically convert to a paid hourly subscription upon expiration.

• If you use a WebHost image, it is strange, why Plesk shows the notice about 15 days; in this case, I suggest contacting with Plesk Support.
  • If you use a BYOL image or installed Plesk on a general EC2 instance by self, 15 days trial - it is ok.

Hi!

I ran the Webhost image ( AWS Marketplace: Plesk Onyx on Ubuntu 16.04 (WebHost) ).
I can't contact with Plesk Support because one of the fields in the contact form requires a Plesk license. If I write there the license that was generated in AWS, I get a message saying that the license belongs to a Plesk reseller and that I should contact with the reseller instead of Plesk's support.

Back