• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgraded to 10.3.1 - new /fs and /fs-passwd dir

GeertL

New Pleskian
Hi there.

I havent had time to follow the latest development of Plesk for that last months and just upgraded my Ubuntu 10.04 Plesk 10.2.x version to 10.3.1.

Almost without problems - except for the always recurring problems with custum handlers installed via mailmng to handle som custom changes to the Qmail parsing - I still dont get why an upgrade would become a problem if the handler is installed as a user-handler - but at every upgrade - the Plesk upgrader deletes the user-handlers dir in /usr/local/psa/handlers/ - why??? The point of creating a custom user-handler should exactly be - that Plesk will leave it alone...

But anyway - upon this upgrade I suddenly found 2 new dirs in my /var/www/vhosts/ dir...
/fs/ and /fs-password/ .... what are they used for? And why do they reside in the vhosts dir if its any Plesk dir?

I kinda guess they are linked to the recent change in the File Sharing stuff? And if so - will it be safe to just delete them?

--
Kind regards
Geert Lund,
www.GLD.dk

Another thing that seems broken (or changed) : Before Plesk would only create the following dirs:

Code:
drwxr-xr-x  2 root        root    4096 2011-08-06 01:34 bin
drwxr-xr-x  2 root        root    4096 2011-08-06 01:34 dev
drwxr-xr-x  2 root        root    4096 2011-08-06 01:34 etc
drwxr-xr-x  2 root        root    4096 2011-08-06 01:34 lib
drwxr-xr-x  2 root        root    4096 2011-08-06 01:34 lib64
drwxrwxrwt  2 root        root    4096 2011-08-06 01:34 tmp
drwxr-xr-x  3 root        root    4096 2011-08-06 01:34 usr
drwxr-xr-x  3 root        root    4096 2011-08-06 01:34 var

in the virtualhost root - if chrooted shell access was enabled - and then it would remove the dirs again if chrooted shell access was removed through panel.

Now the dirs are created always upon creation of a new virtual host - but is not created if chrooted shell access is enabled - nor does it remove the dirs again when chrooted shell access is disabled.

Why the change?

--
Kind regards
Geert Lund,
www.GLD.dk

Another thing that seems broken (or changed) : Before Plesk would only create the following dirs:

in the virtualhost root - if chrooted shell access was enabled - and then it would remove the dirs again if chrooted shell access was removed through panel.

Now the dirs are created always upon creation of a new virtual host - but is not created if chrooted shell access is enabled - nor does it remove the dirs again when chrooted shell access is disabled.

Very strange behaviour in the way Plesk currently works... just tested a little bit more:

Going from shell acces: "/bin/bash (chrooted)" to "Forbidden" does not delete the chroot environment dirs mentioned before.

After manually deleting the dirs the following happens:
If going from "Forbidden" to "/bin/bash (chrooted)" the chroot environment will not be rebuild in vhost dir.
If going from "/bin/sh" or "/bin/bash" - to "/bin/bash (chrooted)" - the chroot environment will be rebuild in vhost dir.
If going from "/bin/bash (chrooted)" - to "/bin/sh" or "/bin/bash" - the chroot environment will be deleted again.

So as I see it - the behaviour have changed - and if you go from forbidden to chrooted access - no checks for an existing chroot environment is made.

Hi there.

I havent had time to follow the latest development of Plesk for that last months and just upgraded my Ubuntu 10.04 Plesk 10.2.x version to 10.3.1.

Almost without problems - except for the always recurring problems with custum handlers installed via mailmng to handle som custom changes to the Qmail parsing - I still dont get why an upgrade would become a problem if the handler is installed as a user-handler - but at every upgrade - the Plesk upgrader deletes the user-handlers dir in /usr/local/psa/handlers/ - why??? The point of creating a custom user-handler should exactly be - that Plesk will leave it alone...

But anyway - upon this upgrade I suddenly found 2 new dirs in my /var/www/vhosts/ dir...
/fs/ and /fs-password/ .... what are they used for? And why do they reside in the vhosts dir if its any Plesk dir?

I kinda guess they are linked to the recent change in the File Sharing stuff? And if so - will it be safe to just delete them?

--
Kind regards
Geert Lund,
www.GLD.dk

I've found a dav.passwd file in fs-password directory containing users...
Did you found if it could be deleted or not?

--
internia.es
alojamiento web - tiendas online - Diseño web

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to know the purpose of these too since the contents make it sound like two default users now have access to the server via DAV and that would certainly not be desirable.

Same here. Would like to understand the purpose of these directories and files. Could be related to the way the new Plesk version handles Logs and Statistics which are now in the /system directory within vhosts. But I'm speculating.

Back