• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Upgraded to MariaDB 10.1 failed

Gerard

New Pleskian
After updating to MariaDB 10.1 using this article as reference, I was unable to restart mysqld properly, so in the end I forced killed it, and now when trying to start it via the /etc/init.d/psa restart command or the systemctl restart mariadb the mysqld.service fails with the following information:

Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.d
└─migrated-from-my.cnf-settings.conf
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: signal) since Mon 2017-07-03 10:53:16 CEST; 2s ago
Process: 27154 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/mysqld $MYSQLD_OPTS $_WSREP_NEW_CLUSTER $_WSREP_START_POSITION (code=killed, signal=ABRT)
Process: 27117 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c [ ! -e /usr/bin/galera_recovery ] && VAR= || VAR=`/usr/bin/galera_recovery`; [ $? -eq 0 ] && systemctl set-environment _WSREP_START_POSITION=$VAR || exit 1 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 27115 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c systemctl unset-environment _WSREP_START_POSITION (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 27154 (code=killed, signal=ABRT)
Status: "InnoDB: Error: Creation of SYS_TABLESPACES and SYS_DATAFILES has failed with error 18. Tablespace is full. Dropping incompletely created tables."
CGroup: /system.slice/mariadb.service

This is after I renamed the two ib_logfile0 & ib_logfile1 files so it should create them again, since if I leave them then I get the following:

mysqld[3642]: InnoDB: MySQL :: MySQL 5.6 Reference Manual :: 14.21.1 Troubleshooting InnoDB I/O Problems
[ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' init function returned error.
[ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' registration as a STORAGE ENGINE failed.
[Note] Plugin 'FEEDBACK' is disabled.
[ERROR] Unknown/unsupported storage engine: InnoDB
[ERROR] Aborting

Plesk web panel doesn't work, since it can't connect to the mysql websocket.

I am using CentOS 7.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I used the same commands, however first time round I was also installing 10.2 but later reverted back to 10.1

Back