• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgraded to MySQL 4.1.18, but Plesk won't detect it

O

orpheum

Hi everyone,

I upgraded from MySQL 3.23 to MySQL 4.1.18 manually using the RPMs at MySQL's website, and then went off without a hitch (for the most part). The only problem now is that Plesk cannot detect the new MySQL installation.

If I go into the admin control panel and check Component Info, it says that MySQL isn't installed.

Is there anyway to point Plesk in the right direction so that it CAN see MySQL 4? Thanks in advance.

The only thing I can think of is to check your /etc/init.d/ folder.

Depending on the version of MySQL, the init script is sometimes labled as mysql instead of mysqld

That means that you no longer start MySQL with
/etc/init.d/mysql start

but with

/etc/init.d/mysqld start

try renaming the script from mysql to mysqld or vice versa.

I hope this helps...

You're a brave man. I tried the RPM route and Plesk crashed and burned on me. Whatever you do don't reboot or you'll never get Plesk back up. I'm uninstall the RPM ASAP and go with a yum install instead. Art is up to 4.1.15 last I checked.

Highland, I actually didn't have that problem at all. I've restarted the server a couple of times since then, no problems at all.

vasillalov, thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot and let you know if it worked.

Darn it, it didn't work. It still started MySQL, thankfully, but didn't make a difference as to whether or not Plesk could see that it's installed/running.

Any other suggestions?

hi,

if you havfe haven't already - you should make sure that you modify '/etc/psa/psa.conf' to point to where MYSQL now is.

look for these lines & edit
# MYSQL
MYSQL_VAR_D /var/lib/mysql
MYSQL_BIN_D /usr/bin

Simon

Back