• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrading Fedora Core 2 -> CentOS 4

W

wagnerch

I am starting this thread because I wanted to hear from folks that have done an upgrade like this with Plesk 7.5 installed on the box. I wanted to hear some of the stories before I dove in and gave it a shot.

The basic deal is I need to upgrade a Fedora Core 2 box w/ Plesk 7.5 to CentOS 4.x (or anything that is NOT Fedora Core). Naturally the box is remote, and I do not have the ability to fix it if I totally hose it up. I have read somewhere that CentOS4 (aka RHEL4) was forked from Fedora Core 2, so I imagine it should be a fairly clean upgradte/migration.

My plan is to build a Fedora Core 2 box, installed Plesk 7.5, and then experiment by upgrading it to CentOS4. Eventually I would apply this to my remote box. Of course the other option is to get a new box with CentOS4 already one it, and migrate my domains.

Back