• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue WordPress core upgrade failed

webbing

Basic Pleskian
I can replicate the following issue on 4 different servers CentOS 7/8 based with Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.38 Update #1 + the latest WordPress toolkit

1. all updates to WordPress 5.8 to 5.8.1 are not being performed. After you click the update button, the system shows the update is installed (but it is not). As I check the process during the upgrade, no core files are downloaded in the /.wp-cli/cache/core folder

2. however, all the updates for the plugins and themes are working without any problems

One more update here, on 2 servers I get the error below when I try to scan for new installations.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 17.59.23.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 17.59.23.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 4
I have the same problem here on a fairly fresh install of Plesk. Wordpress Toolkit acts like it's upgrading wordpress, but it doesn't. I was able to upgrade by clicking the upgrade button within Wordpress itself.

I can replicate the following issue on 4 different servers CentOS 7/8 based with Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.38 Update #1 + the latest WordPress toolkit

1. all updates to WordPress 5.8 to 5.8.1 are not being performed. After you click the update button, the system shows the update is installed (but it is not). As I check the process during the upgrade, no core files are downloaded in the /.wp-cli/cache/core folder

2. however, all the updates for the plugins and themes are working without any problems

I can confirm this issue using the last version of Plesk + all updates.
Ubuntu 18. Latest, all updates

Manual updates to minor WordPress versions are now installed properly regardless of WordPress core autoupdate settings. (EXTWPTOOLK-8168)

Back