• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Upgrading from 7.0 to 7.5.4

M

mmota

Guest
Hi There,

A couple of questions about upgrading to the latest Plesk versions that suports php5.

I have a dedicated LAMP server with Plesk 7.0 installed.
This version has a Plesk Updater tool, it lists 3 releases;

plesk 7.1.7
plesk 7.5.3
plesk 7.5.4

A click on any of the upgrades shows a list of all components, only one is check:
-Base packages of Plesk-

1)Should I check all other components with Update Available such as Backup utilities and plesk migration manager?

2) How do I upgrade to the 7.5.4? Should I start with the 7.1.7 and continue in order with each one of the others?

3) Do I have to pay for this upgrade?

4) Would this upgrade affect in any way my websites? or data?

Thanks.
Mmmota
 
You first need active SUS to upgrade:
http://www.swsoft.com/en/support/sus/

If you have that I'd suggest upgrading via shell with the RPM's rather than via Updater as it's more reliable. You should go to 7.1.7 then 7.5.4 (don't miss out 7.1.7 and no need to go via 7.5.3).
 
Back
Top