1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Upload and extract works fine for RAR but not for ZIP

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by EuroMaverick, Jul 7, 2006.

1. EuroMaverick

EuroMaverick Guest

Hello people,

When I upload and extract a file in ZIP format in the file manager of a certain domain, the upload gets done, but that's it - nothing has changed on the server afterwards. I get no error message, nothing (uploading a ZIP-file without extracting works fine - the file (ZIP-file, unextracted) gets placed on the site).

Now, when I do exactly the same thing with a RAR-file, this works just fine.- file gets uploaded, files get extracted and the original RAR-file is gone afterwards, only the contents remains on the site.

My ZIP-files are created in WinZip 10 on a WIndows XP computer.

Anybody experiencing the same problems ?

Regards,

Benoit.

2. EuroMaverick

EuroMaverick Guest

So am I the only one with this problem ?

Interesting, but hard to believe...

Regards,

Mav.

3. Traged1

Traged1 Guest

I appear to be having the same issue on one of our servers, did you ever fix it?

4. EuroMaverick

EuroMaverick Guest

Nope we learned to live with it and started using RAR-files.

As far as I am concerned, this is a bug, but unfortunately (as so often) SWSoft is not giving any comment on this...

Regards,

Benoit.