• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved upload files

obiwan45

New Pleskian
I don't find in Plesk Obsidian Panel a simple way to upload-delete files in my vps server httpdocs directory or node js apps,for example.I'm very noob for create my own ftp server(i try it ,but.......).There is any extension to install or any simple way to do it?.Thanks.

If I found something with that name, I wouldn't ask in the forum. Is it an extension? Where is it? Attached image of plesk tools & settings menu(instaled by my vps provider )plesk.jpg

"File Manager" is an icon in the "Subscriptions". Simply click on an existing subscription.

There is no general file manager for the server admin.

I don't have anything in the Subscriptions menu, I suppose it's very easy for you, but it's the first time for me .....
1613326620784.png

The "File Manager" is a feature of subscriptions (or domains). If there are no subscriptions, there is no file manager function. The admin does not have a separate file manager. Normally admins don't use file managers anyway, but more practical solutions like FTP or SSH.

ok,as i said ,i tried to install ftp server and only give a lost day and a headache.This is definitely too much for me, I'll switch to hosting, which is what I should have done.Thanks.

ProFTP should be a component that comes with Plesk and can bei auto-installed from the Plesk installation manager. There should not be any need to configure anything separately. It works out of the box with Plesk installations. Maybe you want to give that a try?

I was finally able to install vsftpd ftp server ,made changes to the file etc/vsftpd.conf , allow acces to local users and connect by sftp.
Thanks for your help.

Back