• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

uploads

D

designingamy

Hello all,

I am very happy I found this forum because I couldn't get help elsewhere. I hope someone knows the answers here :)
I am trying to allow clients to upload pictures and I've had permission issues and was wondering if anyone can give me some ideas on how the permissions should be set? I was told to create a folder within httpdocs (seems insecure) and I'm lost when it comes to what to put as the permissions, as well as ownerships.

Any help is appreciated :)
~Amy

more

I went in and saw my permissions were set to chmod 777. The problem is when I go to my site and try to upload a picture. It goes into the directory okay. But when I carry the whereabouts as a session and go to the next page, to view that picture I get a pop up box that demands a username and password. I don't understand why and hope someone can shed some light on this for me :) Thank you!
~Amy

more

Hmmm...I thought I could get some help....

I ended up going in and changing my php code. When a user comes in and uploads a picture, it saves in an uploads directory and I now have where it changes the chmod to 777. But that doesn't help. When I try to go to the next page to view the picture, I still end up getting that same pop up box asking for username and password.

Now I think it may have something to do with ownership issues?

Please, anyone that can help, I will be very greatful!

~Amy

No one knows why a pop up box from the server would appear asking for username and password?

what is the user with which you upload files. what is the directory of upload and what are the URL's that produce the issue.

If you are on a windows base server chmod will not work, create a folder under httpdocs and then go under the control panel--file manager, then you will be able to set permission for the folder your created.

Back