1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

URGENT - Cannot Create DB Users

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Ben_P, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Ben_P

Ben_P Guest

Hello,

I cannot create db users thru plesk for some reason. Its ok for me obviosuly because i can use SSH but my clients cannot.

I tried to add a user "Testuser" password "Testpass" and i got the following error:

Unable to query: Unknown column 'Show_db_priv' in 'field list'
    0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/database_mysql.inc:2 psaerror(string "Unable to query: Unknown column 'Show_db_priv' in 'field list'")
    1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.DataBase.php3:2 database_mysql->useradd(string "testname", string "testpass", string "plain")
    2: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/db_usr_edit.php3:2 database->adduser(string "testname", string "testpass")

If anyboyd knows how to solve it that would be much appreciated, thank you so much.

2. hardweb

hardweb Guest

Most likely you use Mysql 4 with old grant tables. Execute the command:

mysql_fix_privilege_tables --user=admin --password=`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`

This should fix your issue.

3. Ben_P

Ben_P Guest

It worked, thank you very much :)