• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

URGENT HELP NEEDED: pleskrestore --create-map failing on extract

Superkikim

Regular Pleskian
SOLVED: pleskrestore --create-map failing on extract

Hi,

I don't get it... And if I can't sort this out very fast, I will be in trouble as my plesk license will be over in two days.

I have a server with Plesk 9 installed, an 11 domains / 2 clients. I made a full backup, and I want to restore it on another plesk server.

I have copied the dump file to the new server. I try now to create the map, but it fails when trying to extract the file:

Code:
plesk01:/home/akim# /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskrestore --create-map full_backup.tar.gz -map full_backup.map
pmm-ras error (Error code = 1):
== STDOUT ====================
Archiver error: unable to extract files from /home/akim/full_backup.tar.gz

==============================
== STDERR ====================

==============================

I have tried to uncompress the file. It works. It is a tar file...

I thought maybe pleskrestore is expected for a tar.gz, so I have gzipped the file. Same result...

What can I do ??? I'm lost and in a hurry :-( Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, Solved it. Or "worked around" it.

It seems that for any reason my archive was corrupted. I made a now domain level backup for the domains I wanted to transer, I copied the files (xml and archive) in my reseller repository directory (/var/lib/psa/dumps/resellers/login) and then, from the plesk interface, I was able to launch a restore task... Everything's fine.

Back