• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

URGENT - Need to re-install plesk without losing websites/mail

dalydesign

Basic Pleskian
My Server is randomly getting worse to the point that its no-longer recognising php I ran the following command and its somehow removed PHP dependencies and broke http.

Code:
 /usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.5.30-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

PHP (OS) is showing in the plesk gui installer, but plesk is now showing this message

Code:
New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due to the errors in configuration templates: Syntax error on line 34 of /etc/httpd/conf/plesk.conf.d/roundcube.conf: Wrapper /var/www/cgi-bin/cgi_wrapper/cgi_wrapper cannot be accessed: (2)No such file or directory . Detailed error descriptions were sent to you by email. Please resolve the issues and click here to generate broken configuration files once again or here to generate all configuration files. See the details in Configuration Troubleshooter

So it looks like PHP is ruined.

Can someone please advise if I can re-install plesk without losing the domains? or how best to fix this....

At the moment, I'm running "plesk repair all" via ssh ...so see what happens.

(currently it's been stuck for 20mins for on "Repairing Server-wide configuration parameters for web servers")

I do understand that PHP has been removed due to the error message. And I am trying to re-install plesk using the 'plesk repair all' but will this re-install plesk for me?

I do not want to lose the domains already on the server

UFHH01, thanks for the help. Please can you delete this thread as I think it will be of no use to the other members.

I've decided to Nuke the box and re-format it as there are too many issues - its just getting worse and worse. ...there's a big gremlin in the box and its quicker to rebuild the whole box to make sure its all working correctly.

The good news is that all the sites on this box are low-end and easily re-installed. Likewise the datacentre will re-install Centos 6 and Plesk within an hour.

Hi Paul_Daly,

I'm just a "normal" forum-user as you are, Paul_Daly. I don't have any special rights here. :)

But apart from that, each thread with issue - descriptions and possible suggestion(s) may be a help for someone, so I personally think that there is no need to delete a thread, if it doesn't violate rules.

I'm glad you solved your issue. :)

Back