• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Urgent: Plesk 9.5.2 and postfix accepts mail without checks

N

Nikos Ioakeim

Hi to all,
i have a very urgent matter that i need to resolve as soon as possible.

I decided to revert my mail server to postfix to gain more flexibility for fighting spam. Instead i got a bigger problem now. Everything is working fine on submission port 587 but when it comes to port 25, anyone can send an email stating that is a local user, without even forging the envelope-from. In more detail, when a mail comes to the host claiming to be a local user that sends an email to a local user, the system must require an authentication. Instead it fails only if the mail is going to an outside domain.

Is there a way to tell postfix that local users need to authenticate no matter where they send mail to?

One last thing. I have many complaints from users, that they receive mail claiming to be by their mail but instead, it's a forgery of the envelope-from and header from:. The spammer sends email from a valid email, and then forges the From: and To: in the data part, so the users see the forged sender address.

Is there any way to check using header_checks these 2 inputs to identify spam?

Please Parallels this is a very urgent call.

Thank you in advance

PS: I could give out some ip's to check it out, but it would lead to greater problems.

User RBL checks

RBL checks (zen.spamhaus.org) stopped the spam emails that shows it is coming from the own sender

Hi Igor,

Can you describe what these commands do (looks like remove folder and recreate?) and whether they can be run on a live server and if they will work on FreeBSD?

Thanks

Back