• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

URGENT: Qmail not sending emails

R

ray201

Hi,

I have some problems with my qmail on Plesk 8.0.1 not sending any emails at all. Right now i've got over 5000 emails sitting in my remote queue and growing rapidly.

Most of the emails are failure notices, and unimportant stuff. But I've created a test account on one of my test domains ([email protected]) to try and send from.

If i send to anohter email i've got ([email protected]) i get:
553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

I am not too familiar with mailsetup and how this should work. My whitelist it set to: 127.0.0.1/32 as recommended by this forum. I have no entries in my blacklist.

Also if i try sending an email to a domain hosted on my Plesk server it stops in the remote queue.

One thing i did descover and have fixed was that my Plesk server was for some reason not able to lookup domains. I have made changes to /etc/resolve.conf and i can again ping whatever.com
I have not rebooted but runned killall -HUP qmail-remote and named after this.

Is there any way i can open qmail to stop checking for the recipients?

Has anyone had this problem before?

I have searched the forums, but don't understand much of it.

My remote queue is now holding messages up to 7 days 4 hours and 51 minutes old.
If i can remember correctly we ran a Plesk update around this time.

Thanks for reading

Hello,

Try this logged as root:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam

then restart qmail:

/etc/init.d/qmail restart

Also check if mail is enabled for that domain in Plesk.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

the issue is resolved. it was DNS related.

Cheers

hi, having same problem myself is there any way you could post the solution please??
cheers
Jonny

Hi,

My problem was DNS resolution. And if you have the same problem yours might be as well.

Confirm that DNS is working (nslookup -type=MX somedomain.com). If its not simply add a decent dns server into /etc/resolve.conf

Restart qmail services and email should start to dissapear.

I'm having the same problem.
My remote qmail queue is growing
But DNS seems to work fine.

nslookup -type=MX domain.nl (where domain.nl is the domain I want to sent mail to) gives me:

Non-authoritative answer:
domain.nl mail exchanger = 30 mail.domain.nl.

mail.domain.nl is also resolvable

telnet mail.domain.nl 25 also connects to remote smtp service.

Allready ran /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam but that didn't help either.
Even rebooted server afterwards.

Please help me.

Figured it out I guess:

editing (or creating) /var/qmail/control/concurrencyremote seems to have helped. I use a value of 255 now.

Back