• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Use addons multiple times for a subscription

L

lhwparis

isnt it possible to use an addon service plan multiple times for a subscription?
for example if you do an addon with "+1GB webspace" it should be possible a subscription can get this 2 or 3 times. if this is not possible you have to create many addons with "+1gb, +2gb, +3gb, ...) thats not very useful

No. If you click 'Change Plan' fro subscription and go to 'Changing Plan and Add-ons Associated with the Subscription' you can add add-on only once from 'Available' to 'Selected' field.

thanks. but woudnt it be much better if you can use addons multiple times? like in my case i have to create so much addons (+1GB webspace, +2GB webspace, ...) same thing for traffic and maildir space. it would be so much easier and more logical if it is possible to use an addon multiple times

Could you please describe your business case with more details from the beginning?

We provide hosting bundled with our own CMS. We provide 3 different webspace packages with different webspace / mailbox space, databases, ...

if there is a customer who only needs bigger mailboxes (no more databases, webspace) then we want to give this customer the option to book +1GB mailbox size instead of upgrading to next bigger webspace package(service-plan). but if he want to have +3GB mailbox and another customer wants +1GB mailbox what should i do? create addons with +1gb, +2gb, +3gb ... is the only way to go at the moment. i think it would be very much better i can add addons multiple times so a subscription can get 3*1GB Mailbox = +3GB mailbox. hope you understand.

another feature we realy miss is to set an overall mailbox space for subscriptions. till now its only possible to set number of mailboxes and space for each mailbox. what we need is to set a subscription has 20GB mailbox space and the customer can decide if he wants to create 1 mailbox with 20GB size. or 20 mailboxes each with 1GB size and so on.

Well. I see. I think that using of CBM will provide you much more flexible subscription operation as you want :) It is designed for similar purposes and allow you operate with plans and subscriptions much more better.

thanks igor! maybe i ll geive CBM a second chance;) but we cant switch to handle our billing-solution now.

what about my second request?

Regarding your second question I can confirm that really we haven't this possibility now.
If you fill known form I forward it as feature request to developers.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Parallels Plesk, 10.1.1, ALL LINUX, x86/x64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
We need a way to restrict discspace a subscription can use for all mailboxes

ACTUAL RESULT
Its only possible to set number of mailboxes and size for each mailbox. this is a bad solution to prevent running out of server-disc-space. some users want to use 10 mailboxes with 1gb mailbox size and another user want to use 1 mailbox with 10gb mailbox size. if i permit my customers to create 10 mailboxes with max 10gb for each mailbox to handle both examples a user is able to create 10 mailbox each with 10gb discspace!

EXPECTED RESULT
Please provide a solution to limitate overall mailbox size for a subscription. it should be possible to set 10GB overall-mailbox-size for a subscription and the user decides if he want to create 10 mailboxes each with 1gb or 1 mailbox with 10 gb for example.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
-
--------------------------------------------------------------

Back