1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Use an SSL that was installed directly to windows

Discussion in 'Plesk 11.x for Windows' started by StevenW, Sep 19, 2012.

1. StevenW

StevenW New Pleskian

Prior to using plesk, I had a few sites that had SSL certificates installed, the old fashioned way (manually through IIS). I have now setup those domains in plesk, and I need to somehow make PLESK aware of these SSL certificates.

Right now, I setup the domain in plesk, give it a dedicated IP, and allow SSL connections. It chooses the default certificate and my already installed in IIS SSL certificate isnt listed.

Is there any way I can get it listed? I went to the add an SSL area, and it seems that this area is only good for generating new SSL certificates, but mine is good for another 1+ years.

The bummer is that for some reason, anytime I make any type of change to the site in plesk, that it seems to overwrite the SSL bindings and changes my manual changes to the correct certificate (through iis) back to the default certificate.

Thanks
    steve

2. InderS

InderS Silver Pleskian

30%
    For that you will need to install ssl through plesk. Login to plesk >> tools and setting you will find option ssl certificate. Add ssl from there and bind it to your required IP. Once done you will need able to select ssl from plesk