• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Use Lets Encrypt to secure panel

MikkyX2

New Pleskian
Hi,
I've installed the Lets Encrypt extension for 12.5 and it's great - but I was wondering if there was a way to use it to generate a certificate to secure the panel? I have my Plesk install on a particular hostname but the extension only lets you generate certs for domains on the box - so I added my host as a domain, and used the extension to add an LE SSL to that.

However, if I go to https://<hostname>:8443/ I still get the self signed default cert, and if I go to Tools & Settings > SSL Certificates, the domain SSLs don't appear in this list so I can't pick one of those.

I could probably copy the LE SSL from my domain into Tools & Settings but I'd need to do this manually every time the cert renews.

Is there another way?

Hi,
Thanks for the link - I don't have the option in the screenshot you linked directly to, but I was able to make it happen via one of the other comments in that discussion. Thanks!

Back