• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Use of short and full names in 9.0.2

teckna

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

The option in the email settings for "Use of short and full names" is not there .

im going "home" -> "mail server settings" but no option to turn on short mail names ?

Can someone point me in the right direction ?

thanks

Andy

I have Plesk 9.0.0.2 (Linux) and it's showing at the bottom of the page you mention.

The heading is 'Names for POP3/IMAP mail accounts'. It's below the heading 'Switch on spam protection based on DNS blackhole lists'.

I gotta go with teckna here. 9.0.0.2, CentOS5, no option where you say it is, nforde. Anyone else weigh in on this?

Postfix does not support short names, you must use Qmail for this feature.

Postfix does not support short names, you must use Qmail for this feature.

Jeez, it would be nice if they showed this in Plesk so administrators know what's going on!

For example, that option (that I can see, because I have Qmail enabled) should be greyed out for people using Postfix, with an explanatory comment like 'Short mailbox names are only available for Qmail however you are using Postfix.'

It should be said that this information is mentioned in Parallels Plesk Panel 9.0.0 Release Notes ('Known Problems and Limitations' part):

Postfix mail server requires authorization with full mail account names like '[email protected]', as opposed to short names like 'user' allowed by Qmail. Upon switching from Qmail to Postfix the authorization mode will change accordingly, and all mail clients configured to authorize using short names will not be able to send or receive mail through your mail server.

but why does the MTA also affect imap and pop3 ?

Postfix mail server requires authorization with full mail account names like '[email protected]', as opposed to short names like 'user' allowed by Qmail. Upon switching from Qmail to Postfix the authorization mode will change accordingly, and all mail clients configured to authorize using short names will not be able to send or receive mail through your mail server.

but why does it also affect imap and pop3 ? when i upgraded to plesk 9 with postfix it was ok to get mail with short names (via pop3 & imap). after i tried this fix for horde:

http://kb.odin.com/en/5797

... the short login doesn't work anymore for pop3 & imap :(i couldn't fix it with setting "allow_short_pop3_names" in psa.misc, but if i change to qmail it changes it also for pop3 & imap. if i change back to postfix pop3&imap is also changed back to long names :(

is there any solution with postfix?

Back