• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Use Plesk as Master DNS

mangaldeepdey

New Pleskian
I have installed Plesk on digital ocean VPS (CentOS7). Everything is working fine but I am really confused with the DNS.
Here is what I did:
  • Installed Plesk on CentOS7
  • Using example.com domian for my plesk server.
  • Updated name server as ns1.digitalocean.com/ns2.digitalocean.com for my example.com on domain management portal.
  • I also added another domain on my plesk panel and did the same process.
I am managing my all DNS records from digital ocean. I want to use my pleask server to act as Master DNS server. What are the changes I need to do?

First, you go to your domain and add a glue record with the IP address of your domain, this will automatically disable the DNS service of your provider and simply redirect everything addressed to your domain to that IP address.

Then you go to your domain and set up ns1.yourdomain.com & ns2.yourdomain.com as a name server on your DNS with your own server ipadress on the DNS configuration page on plesk.

the last step is to make sure the DNS used port is open on your server provider or server configuration (I lost a couple days only to find out it was a firewall thing)

enjoy

Back