• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Use SSL-Cert for Panel: "Main"-IP has multiple customers on it...

ehrenwert

Basic Pleskian
Hi there,

I got a SSL-Cert for my panel. The server uses different IPs.

The Cert is created for the "main-IP" of the server but this IP is a shared one.

If I call the panel, safari tells me that the cert can not be verified. If I check that out I see that the self-signed panel-cert is used, although I made the comodo-cert to default for this IP...

Do I have to change the cert? Or do I have to change the main-IP of the panel?

Does the hostname you are using to access the panel resolve to the IP address you assigned the SSL you purchased?

Since you already have SSL cert, there is no need for CSR, so I won't explain that part. Simply add cert in Home>Tools & Settings> SSL Certificates and make sure you choose both "Secure the Panel" and "Make Default for Websites" (also make sure you install intermediate/chain cert).

Once you've done that, your panel is now secured with new Comodo SSL cert. Next, go to "Home> Tools & Settings>IP Addresses", select IP address and select your Comodo certificate in "SSL certificate" and do the same for every IP address you have.

Good luck.

Back