1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

user.name+alias@gmail.com redirects not working

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by JamesHeinrich, Sep 8, 2010.

1. JamesHeinrich

JamesHeinrich Guest

I'm not sure if this is a Plesk or Gmail issue, but I suspect the former.

I'm trying to create alias@example.com as a redirect to user.name+alias@gmail.com and it does not work. Plesk gives no errors, but the email does not get through to Gmail. Forwarding to user.name@gmail.com works fine. Emailing directly to user.name+alias@gmail.com works fine. But emails to alias@example.com just disappear.

Any suggestions? Is this a known Plesk issue (perhaps an issue with supporting "+" in the email address?)

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Not sure what is the reason of this problem. It should be investigated directly on server. Therefore you may contact support team if it is critical for you. I can say only that there are no any known problems with + symbol in Plesk mail system.