• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue User with Admin role, but without admin settings

CobraArbok

Regular Pleskian
I can not understand how users and roles work in Plesk.
Until now I have login as "root" and the same password of the server.

But I have seen that there is also an Administrator user, probably created when the server was first started (VPS).
So, this user (with the name "admin" and his password) shares the same profile as "root" and if I change the full name, then root also acquires that new name.

I then created two new users and I also assigned them the role of "Administrator", but when they login, they do not see all the options on the left panel: for example there is no Tools & Settings, they can not change the view, there is no softacolous admin panel, ...

I need a new user for external support, with admin role, but obvbiously without the root password.

Logging into the Plesk GUI as root will automatically log you into the admin user. Change the admin ("Administrator") password, and keep root for yourself. Creating additional administrator accounts would be ideal - You shouldn't really be logging into the Plesk GUI using root credentials other then the first login.

I do not understand; in "Additional Administrator Account" there are no other users.
Yet I am certain that I have given the administration rights to the two new members that I created in the "Users" panel.

Back